Enterprise aftermarket decals

I have two of the OLD AMT USS Enterprise model kits (S951) that I acquired without decals. I started converting one of them (decades ago) into a single engine Destroyer.

After playing a Star Trek slot machine game, my wife decided she wants me to build the original Enterprise model for her. Unfortunately, I don't have any kit decals. I looked online and see where JT Graphics and PNT Decals both make aftermarket decals for this 18" USS Enterprise kit. I am looking for opinions on those company's decals from people who have used them. I don't want to go "overboard" with the markings, but I want it to look nice for my wife. What would also be nice is extra markings that I could use on my NCC-500 Destroyer model conversion. If there are other companies that have made good quality decals for the kits I have, please LMK about them.

Larry

18 minutes ago, phantom said:

There is a couple companies I have bought from, Polar Lights, another is TV cultman.

I went to CultTVman's site, and only found one decal sheet that would fit my kit, and all it consisted of was other Starship names. None of the markings I need to complete my model.

Polar Lights makes starship model kits, but  I was unaware that they made aftermarket decals for the AMT 1/650 USS Enterprise. I couldn't find any mention of it anywhere.

Everything I saw online said my kit (The 18" model) was 1/650 scale. This is the boxing I have: https://www.scalemates.com/kits/amt-951-uss-enterprise--164441

I will find out soon as I just ordered the ONLY available aftermarket decals for my kit, by PNT Decals. :dontknow:

All the other companies' sheets were either discontinued or currently out of production.

Edited by ReccePhreak

Are you talking about the original kit that came ouit in the 60s?

Have you tried federation models?  I think they're in the Tampa area and they carry a lot of star trek items. At present you can order on line but they aren't taking phone orders.  I have delt with them several times and had no problem with them.

7 minutes ago, ikar said:

Are you talking about the original kit that came ouit in the 60s?

Have you tried federation models?  I think they're in the Tampa area and they carry a lot of star trek items. At present you can order on line but they aren't taking phone orders.  I have delt with them several times and had no problem with them.

That's who I just ordered my PNT Decals from. Those were the only available aftermarket decals I could find online for my kit, which IS the original kit (Mine's a reissue) from the 60's.

I found a decal sheet for the AMT kit that has been siting around for a while.  It came in one of my re-release AMT kits. Overall it's in good shape except that it's missing a couple pieces.  You can have it if you want.  I think it is missing a couple windows, the stripe that comes down behind the bridge toward the impulse deck and something else, but  don't remember what it was.  The sheet also has the markings for the entire fleet of Constellation class ships as well as markings for the mirror universe.  If you are interested, send me your address and I'll get it to you, no charge.

35 minutes ago, ikar said:

I found a decal sheet for the AMT kit that has been siting around for a while.  It came in one of my re-release AMT kits. Overall it's in good shape except that it's missing a couple pieces.  You can have it if you want.  I think it is missing a couple windows, the stripe that comes down behind the bridge toward the impulse deck and something else, but  don't remember what it was.  The sheet also has the markings for the entire fleet of Constellation class ships as well as markings for the mirror universe.  If you are interested, send me your address and I'll get it to you, no charge.

PM sent, thanks. :thumbsup:

Larry

JT Graphics decals are great, but he takes forever to ship. Jeff W. works in the medical field, so he's been insanely busy IRL lately, which hasn't helped his shipping times. His decals are ALPS printed, and he puts the time in to make sure they're right. Be advised, though, he's having to raise prices because of how much ALPS cartridges have gone up in recent months.

If you need them RIGHT NOW, I'd suggest the options from Federation Models, Starship Modeler or CultTVman.

Yeah, mine took a couple of months and the lack of airmail carriers due COVID-19 didn't help the trip to Australia. They're very nice decals, though - worth the wait.

Edited by Bell209