CD48190 - 1/48 F-15E "Gunfighters Abroad"

CD48190 will be an F-15E sheet dedicated to the aircraft of Mountain Home-based 389FS that recently returned from deployment with new nose art. The aircraft featured will be:

• F-15E 88-1678 "Billie Jean"
  • F-15E 88-1699 "Ashbringer"
  • F-15E 88-1705 "Point'n Shoot"
  • F-15E 87-0169 "Cerberus"
  • F-15E 87-0170 "Boogeyman"
  • F-15E 87-0173 "Checkmate"
  • F-15E 87-0209 "Grizz"

I am almost done with the artwork and just need my artist to tweak one of the elements on the sheet - I will then fast-track this to be printed so it will be available in late July or in the August batch at the latest. Expect a draft to be posted within hours.

Some of the options on this sheet will also be on the upcoming 1/72 F-15E sheet (CD72063) later in the year. 

Just like the most recent 1/48 F-15E sheet (CD48149), this one will be coupled with a Caracal Basics CDB48006 modern F-15E national insignia & stencilling sheet.

cd48190.jpg

Edited by KursadA
  • 2 months later...
26 minutes ago, Da SWO said:

The Caracal Basics CDB48006 sheet and this ship as one order?

i am sorry if that is not clear from the description, but yes : Just like CD48149 included one copy of CDB48006, so does this new set.  The item page only mentions “the stencilling sheet in this set is also available separately” in case some folks want to buy extras.

Edited by KursadA
3 hours ago, KursadA said:

i am sorry if that is not clear from the description, but yes : Just like CD48149 included one copy of CDB48006, so does this new set.  The item page only mentions “the stencilling sheet in this set is also available separately” in case some folks want to buy extras.

Sweet, will pre-order tonight.

• 1 month later...

Kursad,

I received my Gunfighters Abroad decals today and - WOW!  They are amazing!  As a former TBolt flyer, I cannot tell you how much it means to me to have high quality decals for some of the jets I’ve flown (albeit without any cool nose art during the ‘11 and ‘13 deployments) and I had a bit of an emotional moment looking over the sheet (sounds silly, I know 😅).  Thanks for capturing some history and making this very cool sheet!  I am looking forward to building a bunch of F-15Es soon!

Steve

Edited by Falconxlvi