RES/KIT resin BEWARE

Made a large order direct from them for MH-53 Pavelow detail parts in the first of May. The company said they had the items in stock and process and ship within 1-3 days. Over a week later I finally get a shipping prep document. 

So after several weeks, I'm still without what I paid for and they wont answer emails. 

Luckily I used Paypal and am pursuing a refund. 

In hind site, probably best to go through Hannants. Even with the up charge, at least its reputable.

-Jeff

I've made quite a few orders with them, and they are usually pretty slow. If memory serves, they are in Ukraine, and even in the pre-COVID world, getting stuff  from Ukraine took a while. I would expect that you will still see them arrive. I am pretty sure that Paypal has you covered for six months, so you likely don't need to go after them just yet.

I’ve placed multiple orders from them, and never had an issue, but those were all pre-pandemic.  I’m not sure that only 6 weeks passing since the order was placed is enough to throw up the fraud flag, especially these days.

I ordered a Zvezda 1/48 Hind-D from Russia on April 30, and tracking shows that it’s been sitting in a Moscow post office since May 6.

It's worth noting that there are a lot of postal restrictions that aren't advertised. I buy fairly regularly from BNA in Australia, and they currently have no shipping options to Canada by anything other than sea. Australia and Canada are hardly the COVID hotspots that other places are, and yet the restrictions are there. So just like Mr Williams' order, a lot of stuff is likely just sitting still. I'd have to think that a lot of distant places have multiple transit points before reaching North America, so even if the US and Ukraine have no restrictions for each other, a place in the middle may throw everything off.

I have ordered from them several times with no serious issues. It took a while for the stuff to arrive, but that was due to postal issues not within control of the company. I also always got a tracking number from them upon dispatch. Have you checked where your package is?

As Specter said - a lot of the European retailers are unable to ship overseas at present due to postal restrictions. Similar story with the Hong Kong-based retailers. It's not their fault but they are reliant on what their domestic postal services have decided to do.

A lot of 'small packet' mail is carried in the holds of scheduled international passenger flights - most of them are grounded at present so there's little capacity to ship stuff through the usual channels.

John

Cant say I had a problem with a recent order for some F-111 parts.
I know a backlog in disty hubs isnt helping. Paperwork gets made out but nothing happens to the consignment for days or even weeks depending on where it is going.

YOu might find consignments are getting to the western side of America very quickly and the eastern side slowly as there are a lot of consignments going to the western side.

Logistics is completely crazy at the minute.
Im currently waiting for a package from Italy, even though I have bought something else from another district in Italy after this order and its already arrived.

I have a package from Portugal, on the consignment tracker it is still showing as at the reception hub, but it was delivered to me today.

The only place I wouldnt order from now is China.
I ordered something 12 weeks ago, Ive still not seen it. And I dont think I ever will, because I dont think it was sent.
They took the money and sent nothing.

10 hours ago, Dave Williams said:

I ordered a Zvezda 1/48 Hind-D from Russia on April 30, and tracking shows that it’s been sitting in a Moscow post office since May 6.

Me too! I ordered on April 27 and tracking says it was, "Released from Russia on May 20."
Hopefully by the time it gets here, someone will have released a rivet set for it. :whistle:

Sorry off topic.  But you get the gist of waiting for stuff from Eastern Europe. (Or China)

Alan

I've ordered from them and had no issues. It seems even in pre covid days international shipping can arrive in a week or a month or longer. Depends on how shipped and where from. I'm currently waiting on a few things from China and it's been well over a month. I contacted one vendor in China and he told me the shipping issues are hurting his business badly.  I asked for a refund and he said he would do but I'd have to wait until he sold some kits in China. I told him I'll go ahead and wait.  Just need to be patient.

If you aren't aware of the recent news. We're in the middle of the coronavirus pandemic. Many countries have delays in the postal services and even no service to some countries because of restrictions to international flights. If you add the processing time, your package has been in transit for just over a month.

Some known modeling online shops have shutdown their stores because people like you can't wait for their stuff and ask for refunds within the month. And suddenly some time later the package appears on your front porch. Free models for you but that represents a loss for the retailer and multiply it by dozens, hundreds, thousands doing the same and that doesn't help the current economic situation of shops and their limited income during the lock down.

As for how long it took me to get a package from China? I ordered it from I am a spammer, please report this post. during lunar new year (early feb.). Lockdown came. Seller couldn't ship till mid march. Then it had been sitting at the chinese post service till mid May when it resumed moving again and was shipped out from China. I got my package in early June.

If you want another example closer to ukraine.

I ordered two packages from Russia, one for Temp models resin details and one for the recently released zvezda kits from another shop both in early march. Packages from Russia take longer to be sent overseas because they go through several processing centers and custom checks before they're released to be shipped overseas, mine were supposed to have left Russian in mid march . A couple of days made all the difference between getting the Temp models resins a month and a half later and the other still sitting in Moscow to this day. Also packages from Russia usually transit through Germany or France, the Temp models package went through France, and by a hair's breath it didn't end up stuck there when they locked down.

I ordered a P-38 kit from France the latter part of April.  Finally made it to me in Texas on the 16th of June despite being promised by May 14th.  Shipping delays in hitching a ride across the Atlantic is the culprit.  Patience, man, patience.  Our problem is that we've become used to fast food and overnight shipping.  It doesn't work that way in the rest of the world all that frequently.

Hell I can’t even get Amazon to deliver here in CONUS. Tracking shows my order shipped, then out for delivery, then back to waiting for shipment, now “check back later”

9 hours ago, Inquisitor said:

If you aren't aware of the recent news. We're in the middle of the coronavirus pandemic. Many countries have delays in the postal services and even no service to some countries because of restrictions to international flights. If you add the processing time, your package has been in transit for just over a month.

Some known modeling online shops have shutdown their stores because people like you can't wait for their stuff and ask for refunds within the month. And suddenly some time later the package appears on your front porch. Free models for you but that represents a loss for the retailer and multiply it by dozens, hundreds, thousands doing the same and that doesn't help the current economic situation of shops and their limited income during the lock down.

It might be helpful to cut down on the snark a little bit. A simple response with examples would go a long way in effectively answering the original question. The snarky tone isn't really necessary. If you aren't aware of the recent news, there's a lot of negative vibe going on in the world right now.

Yes, I'm fully aware I quoted you. It was meant to be sarcastic. 😄

FWIW,

In late May, I ordered some stuff from Hannant's, to be shipped to Atlanta, GA USA.  Package made it from Britain in 4 days, sat somewhere in New Jersey for 10 days, then finally was sent to New York.  A few days later, it finally arrived.   Not much is moving in a timely fashion right now, except perhaps what Amazon has on hand.  It may simply be a shortage of work force at each stage of travel.

Ed

On 6/18/2020 at 8:02 AM, Inquisitor said:

Thanks douche. Yeah, I purposely go out of my way to order something and expect a refund. I'm the reason businesses fail. 

I had already withdrawn my Paypal request. I'll wait it out. 

I placed an order with Reskit April 25. Last time the package was scanned was May 7th in St. Petersburg.

Order some patches from Israel. It took a month to go from Haifa to Tel Aviv.

Slovakia stuff been accepted by post office hasn't moved in a month.

USPS is also a mess. My local post office is having a complete meltdown.

Good luck ordering stuff. I've only had luck with UPS. Even Fedex has been backed up.

Anyone know if mail is moving from Australia to the US?

10 hours ago, juanchopancho said:

Anyone know if mail is moving from Australia to the US?

Very slow. Took about two months for small package. Ordered in mid April, received in the beginning of June.

I ordered one of those new cockpit 3D decals sets for the GWH Mig-29 from Quinta on April 15 (via eBay). The last entry in the tracking info was April 24 and has it waiting at the airport in Sharapovo, Russia. I've spoken to the guy in charge of Quinta a few times. He just recommends waiting, but says he will honor the sale and provide a refund at any time, regardless of the eBay/PayPal policies. So, I wait. If it doesn't move pretty soon, though, I'll ask for a refund. If it shows up after that, I resend him the money.

All that to say, International shipping is FUBAR right now. Wait or get your refund. Depends on how much you trust the seller.