That foto has taken in Agrinio. I was searching for a greek F-86D with Vietnam camo. . Remaining that this type was in service in HAF for a short time all the aircrafts were in silver colours except a few with classic NATO. This camo (NATO) I did nt like to me because is hazy. So I found some fotos with camo Vietnam, but I believe that this kind of  camo painted after retired only to protect them  from corrosion as virtual targets aircrafts in greeks combat airports. Others had used for fire exercises. So there is a problem here.BUT, there is a camo scheme giving it as the  following picture . So I' ll try to make this . The F-86D was n't a strong heavy gunned aircraft. Was unlucky because it was found at the time of the end of the air combat with  machines guns and was replaced by the F-5 and F 104 I beleive that was better for attack close support. It had only rockets with power of an 105mm artillery missile. It had nt air to air missile (although it had radar) so It had short service in Greek air force. In terms of design, however, I can say that it was a precursor to the F-16.

51623.jpg

Στις 2 Σεπτεμβρίου 1953 ο Σμήναρχος J. Stanley Holtoner, Διοικητής του Κέντρου Πτητικών Δοκιμών της USAF στην Αεροπορική Βάση Edwards, πετώντας το F-86D51-6168 σε διαδρομή 100 χιλιομέτρων με ταχύτητα 1.110,75 χιλιομέτρων/ώρα (690,188 μίλια/ώρα) έθεσε νέο παγκόσμιο ρεκόρ ταχύτητας, αναγνωρισμένο από τη Διεθνή Αεροναυτική Ομοσπονδία (Federation Aeronautique Internationale–FAI).  Για περισσότερες πληροφορίες και φωτογραφίες https://www.thisdayinaviation.com/tag/51-6168/.

2 September 1953: Colonel J. Stanley Holtoner, U.S. Air Force, flew a production North American Aviation F-86D-35-NA Sabre, serial number 51-6168, to a Fédération Aéronautique Internationale (FAI) World Speed Record over a 100 kilometer course at Vandalia, Ohio, averaging 1,110.75 kilometers per hour (690.188 miles per hour).¹ Colonel Holtoner was the commanding officer of the Air Force Flight Test Center, Edwards Air Force Base, California. He was awarded the Thompson Trophy.

On 6/18/2020 at 2:35 PM, scotthldr said:

Are you planning on finishing it like in the photograph or as it would've looked whllst in service?

LOL, I was thinking the same thing. 

Great idea for a short service life aircraft. Definitely good for historical reasons. 

Looking forward to seeing this one continue. 

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...