Anyone have AModels 1/72nd C-12J kit?

I'm thinking of getting one, but AModel quality is always suspect for me. I've had, and unloaded, several of their kits in the past, and they looked to be quite the beasts to build. Not like Mach 2 barely build-able, but definitely not mainstream. Yes, I know that they take some work. Thanks, Fred K.

I don't have the C-12 kit but I do have the 1900C boxing that I will build as a C-12 and another to do as a RAAF testing aircraft,

I have almost finished one of their PC-12s which went together OK, I found they have a lot of smaller parts with oversized sprue gates that make removing and cleaning up the part laborious. It is difficult to hold remove excess not required plastic. the other issue is not locating pins on parts, almost everything is butt joins.

Having said that, their kits are getting better.

My PC-12 that just needs some very small clear parts fitted and decalling

49907553487_6582abfee2_b.jpg

4 hours ago, Trojan Thunder said:

I don't have the C-12 kit but I do have the 1900C boxing that I will build as a C-12 and another to do as a RAAF testing aircraft,

I have almost finished one of their PC-12s which went together OK, I found they have a lot of smaller parts with oversized sprue gates that make removing and cleaning up the part laborious. It is difficult to hold remove excess not required plastic. the other issue is not locating pins on parts, almost everything is butt joins.

Having said that, their kits are getting better.

Thanks Trojan. Your PC-12 looks great! I had their Mi-6 kit at one time,  but realized that I would never build that beast. The C-12 is looking a little more do-able. Thanks, Fred.

10 hours ago, Trojan Thunder said:

That looks pretty much like the finnish version, right? I just started the same kit, but will do the SOCOM-version.

HAJO

10 hours ago, Hajo L. said:

That looks pretty much like the finnish version, right? I just started the same kit, but will do the SOCOM-version.

HAJO

I is in deed, I also have another to do as the SOCOM version 😄

To their credit the SovaM rebox of the AModel PC-12HG sure packs in a lot of extras to make these two variants

Well I bit the bullet and bought one on ebay. I'll see what it looks like in a month! Oh.... and I also bought that huge ol' 72nd Modelsvit An-124 as well! I might have to start that one! No idea where I'll put it though 🤔 Fred K.