HobbyCraft 1/48 U-6 Beaver

Does anyone know whatever happened to the molding tools since HC closed down? I haven't seen any release of the kits for a long time. Wonder who owns it now. Hoping for a plan to re-release this kit.

Edited by trietmcam
1 hour ago, trietmcam said:

Does anyone know whatever happened to the molding tools since HC closed down? I haven't seen any release of the kits for a long time. Wonder who owns it now. Hoping for a plan to re-release this kit.

I am hoping for a re-release of a number of their kits...Beaver, Otter, Ha-1112, Tutor, Arrow

Maybe one day if the moulds have survived.

Sean

Definitely this kit (U-6) was out of product for while and hard to find now... but if you lucky enough, you still find one at some of the models show vendors with a reasonable price! I got mine last year at OC show Fullerton CA. and very happy of it! :yahoo: cheer!

let_models,

• 2 weeks later...

just want to know why the Beaver has a different set up of the control yoke? a single one vs a double yokes?...may be  for Civilian / Military version or OLD / NEW version of the aircraft??  I'm just guessing on it?!

Any one have the knowledge of this information please let us know, thank you!:wave:

let_models,

Beaver-control_yokes.jpg

Edited by let_models

I don't know much about the Beaver, but I'd be willing to bet that the single yoke could be flipped so the aircraft could be flown from the right seat. I've seen that setup before- I want to say on the Beech Baron but don't quote me on that. It's been a while! The double yoke probably just eliminates the need to flip the single one over. That's my guess.

Yes, Beavers came with both control styles.

The dual control MAY have been a military-specific item (along with other features), and a regular option for civil ships as well.

My Beaver book doesn't explain it.

At the museum I volunteer at, we have two airworthy DHC-2  aircraft. One, an ex-Army (and Air America) now has the throw-over yoke, the other (ex-British Army now in USAF colors) has the dual control wheels.

That makes sense...civil Beavers were flown single pilot...If you had a paying customer  up front next to the pilot.you wouldn't want him/her to inadvertently move the yoke.  The Beaver book has a tale of a drunk Canadian miner who went a bit crazy and attacked the pilot, so you can see why some preferred a single control wheel.

Yes, the throw over yoke is in Barons...but it originally started in Staggerwings, back in the '30s and was the standard item in Bonanzas and its offspring.

Edited by JohnEB

Thank you for the clarify this from Chriss7607 and JohnEB!  really appreciated it!

i'll make a note for myself when start building the Hobby Craft U-6 Beaver kit, look like it just come with a single control yoke  only... Cheer!🙂

let_models,