CD48168 - 1/48 F-14 Tomcat - The Early Years

I'm sorry, but I think something is getting lost in translation here. I tried to explain everything in my post above. I believe you are looking for markings for aircraft 11 (eleven). These were not on the original design, but I will most likely add the necessary markings to the black insert.

Edited by KursadA

cd48168.jpg

Here is the new design - I have moved BuNos and some of the black markings to the second insert, which will also have the black striping applied to some of the test aircraft as Habu described.

Edited by KursadA

I was aleady excited for the 1/72 version of this sheet, with the updates it got even better!  Knowing there are a lot of detail differences with these early airframes (gun gas vents, undernose fairings, boat tail, wing fences, etc) will you be setting up a reference page as you have for some other types?

2 hours ago, Quixote74 said:

I was aleady excited for the 1/72 version of this sheet, with the updates it got even better!  Knowing there are a lot of detail differences with these early airframes (gun gas vents, undernose fairings, boat tail, wing fences, etc) will you be setting up a reference page as you have for some other types?

I will try to put together some minimal write-up but probably not in great detail. Clearly the prototype & early test airframes are a specialty subject and some research by the modeler is needed. Maybe we can start a discussion going here, which I can then incorporate into the references page.

Edited by KursadA
1 hour ago, Andrew Maverick Taylor said:

When might this sheet be available to purchase from the Caracal Website?

Please subscribe to the mailing list using the simple form at www.caracalmodels.com and you will be the first to know.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Finally got some time to work on the profiles - I will start posting them this weekend. This sheet is now slated for the next batch and should be available in early Sept.

Edited by KursadA
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...