PNT Models Star Trek decals question

This question is for anybody who has used any PNT Decals for any Star Trek model. The instructions say to use a few drops of water on the model, with a small drop of white glue. Can I use a decal setting solution on their decals, like Micro-Sol, Micro-Set or Gunze's Mr Mark Softer & Mr Mark Setter? TIA for any & all responses.

If anybody has any experiences to relate with these decals, both good & bad, I would love to hear them before I start using them.

Larry

Edited by ReccePhreak

Haven't used the particular decals you're working with, but it's always a safe play to try your intended set/solvent/etc. routine on a spare marking before doing something irreversible.  Even the experience of others may not account for some factors like the age or exposure of your particular sheet.

18 minutes ago, admiralcag said:

I routinely add Elmer's Glue to my decal water. Don't remember where I learned that trick, but it was a long time ago and helps the decals adhere better.

Vern

That sounds more reasonable than putting a few drops of water on the model & adding a small drop of white glue. It seems a bit too much glue. If I have some "spare" markings, I may try the technique on a test model. How much white glue do you add to the decal water?

Larry

On 6/28/2020 at 9:11 AM, ReccePhreak said:

That sounds more reasonable than putting a few drops of water on the model & adding a small drop of white glue. It seems a bit too much glue. If I have some "spare" markings, I may try the technique on a test model. How much white glue do you add to the decal water?

Larry

I probably put in way too much, but I squeeze for about 5 seconds into a cereal bowl full of very warm water. The water ends up looking like very watery milk. YMMV.

Vern