Hannants - shopping time to Canada during Covid

What are my fellow Canadians experiencing with shipping times from Hannants? I order from them regularly. I’m currently waiting for a package that is over two months since shipment. They asked me to email back June 19th if I haven’t received it. They said that is typical time during this crisis.

An order I made a month ago has arrived from Hannants, that was a smaller package. An order I placed with HLJ 2 weeks ago arrived too.

i always get fabulous service from Hannants and exceptional prices. 

I had one arrive 6 days after ordering(May 29)  and I'm still waiting for 2 orders from early May. Usually 4 to 5 weeks is norm now even stuff from the US is taking that long.

If it's P/E that they can ship in an envelope it gets here pretty quick.

FWIW, I send a package the size of a shoe box from Germany to Canada with DHL three weeks ago. DHL told me that "due to limited transportation capacities"  items of that size would have to go by boat and would therefore take much longer. I guess that's because of there being much fewer transatlantic flights. I guess the same (limited capacities) would apply to packages from the UK as well.

Edited by ChernayaAkula

I ordered a package from Hannants that was shipped Apr 06, I just got it last week in perfect condition so just over 2 months. I'm not blaming Hannants as Canada post told me they have a backlog and how long did this package sit in the UK post I'm not sure. I wasn't to worried as everyone is seeing delays, I am just glad to get the new Fly Bristol Freighter and Eduard Mustang.  

10 hours ago, RCNFAN said:

I ordered a package from Hannants that was shipped Apr 06, I just got it last week in perfect condition so just over 2 months. I'm not blaming Hannants as Canada post told me they have a backlog and how long did this package sit in the UK post I'm not sure. I wasn't to worried as everyone is seeing delays, I am just glad to get the new Fly Bristol Freighter and Eduard Mustang.  

Totally agree, when I watch tracked packages they actually get to Canada fast. Once here they slow down. I suspect because this was a bigger package it went by ship. I’ll just remain patient. I trust Hannants, and like Dylan said, packages from the UK are faster and cheaper than ordering from the US.

I have a package on its way from Hobby Link Japan that shipped June 19th, I get great service from them and since it ships to Vancouver first I expect that it will get to me in BC pretty fast. Totally agree on shipping costs from the US, they have gone up significantly. I really like Victory Models and others but my last shipping cost made it pretty expensive. This also affects our friends in the States and I don't blame them when they don't want to ship outside of the US because of the extra work and cost. I'm sure trades online are way down since my first trade back in the 90s. 

This delay is quite usual these days. 

I  ordered some stuff from BNA Model World. Its a great store from Australia. Their service is top quality. The items were ordered in April and shipped in April. I received them yesterday, June 22nd.

I ordered some decals from USA. Usually lettermail takes about 8 business days. I received the decals a month after they were shipped.

There are very limited flights and then there is a limited staff working at postal services. On top of that, since most of the shopping is closed, people are buying online. So instead of workload coming down due to pandemic, postal service workload has increased. For example, Canada Post is now delivering regular mail on weekends as well. 

Par for the course now. With regular passenger transport a fraction of what it was, there's very limited air freight capability available (most passenger flights also carry a heap of freight). Even domestically here in Australia, parcels take well over a week to arrive from interstate. This isn't going to change in a hurry...

1 hour ago, RCNFAN said:

Hang in there, same thing happened to me, the second package I ordered arrived before the first one I ordered. 

Took over 2 months? 

My second package was smaller. So that may explain why it was faster.

• 4 weeks later...