Any info on new F-16 decals for Have Glass paint scheme

Afternoon everyone. I've been looking for some decals for F-16's blk 50 aircraft in in the Have Glass V scheme. I noticed that Airfighters.com had some images of a unit with that particular paint scheme.  Off hand, does anyone know if there will be decals released for this unit Spangdahlem(SP)  or any other units?

Edited by ulvdemon

There is quite a few out there actually. You haven't mentioned scale, so the links I provide is for 1:48 scale; 

http://www.caracalmodels.com/cd48093.html

https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/CD48117?result-token=Y662V

https://store.spruebrothers.com/product_p/rapsh48005.htm

https://store.spruebrothers.com/product_p/rapsh48014.htm

No guarantees for stock levels, but if you check various online webstores you should be able to find a source for those possibly out of stock in the links provided. 

Good hunting 🙂

Sorry forgot to add the scale.  It is 1/48 I am looking for.   I found all of those except for Hannat's so I will definitely keep an eye out.  Thanks.

Edited by ulvdemon
1 hour ago, scotthldr said:

Have any of the Spang jets been painted in HG5 yet?

I don’t beleive so.  I know there’s at least one at Shaw and there’s multiple ANG units that have jet painted up in it. 

No Spang jets in HG5, same for Aviano, Kunsan and Misawa. 

The units currently having HG5 jets are: 

140FW 120FS CO ANG 

115FW 176FS WI ANG 

177FW 119FS NJ ANG 

149FW 182FS TX ANG 

114FW 175FS SD ANG 

169FW 157FS SC ANG 

148FW 179FS MN ANG 

138FW 125FS OK ANG 

180FW 112FS OH ANG 

20FW 77FS USAF 

53WG 85TES USAF 

53WG 422TES USAF 

57WG 64AS USAF 

31FW 510FS USAFE

56FW 310FS AETC (USAF)

113FW 121FS ANG 

52FW 480FS USAFE 

*EDIT: Updated 31.07.2020 with 480FS* 

Might have missed a unit, but this list should be fairly complete. The transition to HG5 goes quicker in the ANG than the USAF, but I guess eventually all units will transition. 

Edited by Niels

Again, thank you.  The question came about because I was looking at the paint schemes of various Vipers in "The Scale Viper:A Modeler Guide to Building the F-16" and the paint scheme pg 16-17 was intriguing.

On 6/25/2020 at 11:23 PM, scotthldr said:

A lot of the 480FS airframes have HG4, which gives the overall appearence a dark and dirty metallic look.

Not anymore - all have been repainted in the standard scheme without the glossy appearance. 

3 hours ago, Niels said:

Not anymore - all have been repainted in the standard scheme without the glossy appearance. 

The older standard two-tone greys?  Or the newer HG5 uniform dark grey?

The standard FS36118 over FS36270 scheme. (Ie not the new dark grey HG5 scheme) 
They do however have a drop tank or two in the new HG5 scheme, but believe this is a "leftover" from 148FW 179FS visited last 😉 

1 hour ago, Koen L said:

I saw a few pictures of an Aviano F-16 on a post maintenance testflight from Charleroi in the HG5 dark scheme with light grey tailcode and serial on Facebook today.

I think it’s 90-0709 from what I can tell by the serial number.  Kind blurry from the pics I can find on FB. Nice find!

Edited by achterkirch

Cool! 

Could I suggest that you include the newest Buzzard tailband as this will likely be added sooner or later? Then the modeller can choose to use it or not? 

1 hour ago, Niels said:

Cool! 

Could I suggest that you include the newest Buzzard tailband as this will likely be added sooner or later? Then the modeller can choose to use it or not? 

Will do, although I hope the tailband will be added fairly soon and I will get a chance to include it on the sheet without resorting to assumptions of how it will look. There are a couple other units which are yet to finalize the decoration of their new HG5 jets; and I will be on the lookout for the final configurations.