Sprue Pics from the Kitty Hawk Su-27 1/48th scale kit

It seems it's basically ready for release and looks pretty detailed (at least in the parts shown).

It will be interesting to see how it compares to GWH, I presume it will be cheaper, but I hope it will fit well.

Edited by ijozic

That looks like a no.

50044163247_0e85e5e251_o.jpg

But wait... Isn't IRST lens located in the center on Su-27s? It was relocated to side in later versions (Su-30/33/35)?

Should be like this:

28905407403_6756ea6026_b.jpg

So this looks like clear part taken traight from their Su-35 (together with terrible distortion).

EDIT.

No, this looks different than their Su-35 CP sprue. Looks like double no for me then 🙂

Edited by Tapchan

Damn, didn't notice that there is choice of IRST position.

Just now, Solo said:

They made the hull divided to upper and lower parts, but of course they haven't made it together with wings halves.
Of course, it would be too easy to assemble...

This model is for skilled modellers, not for newbies.

Edited by Tapchan
2 hours ago, Solo said:

They made the hull divided to upper and lower parts, but of course they haven't made it together with wings halves.
Of course, it would be too easy to assemble...

It's probably cheaper this way with smaller tooling pieces required.

Edited by ijozic
4 hours ago, Tapchan said:

That looks like a no.

50044163247_0e85e5e251_o.jpg

But wait... Isn't IRST lens located in the center on Su-27s? It was relocated to side in later versions (Su-30/33/35)?

Should be like this:

28905407403_6756ea6026_b.jpg

So this looks like clear part taken traight from their Su-35 (together with terrible distortion).

EDIT.

No, this looks different than their Su-35 CP sprue. Looks like double no for me then 🙂

Your ref picture is a two seater. 

I think it looks very nice, but I don't like the wings separate from the fuselage as their Su-35, but after tackling their Mig-25, I think I can do this one too.

I imagine their Su-30SM would be as nice as this one and more likely they will get it out before GWH if the latter ever does one.  It would be a treat.

I wonder as many others here in this forum, what I will do with my Academy and Trumpeter Flankers kits now that GWH and Kitty Hawk will release theirs. I will probably buy more since the Flanker is my favorite aircraft.

Juan

11 hours ago, Tapchan said:

Damn, didn't notice that there is choice of IRST position.

This model is for skilled modellers, not for newbies.

Is Kitty Hawks business model to aggravate skilled modellers with poor fit, questionable engineering and kits that take the joy out of building?

1 hour ago, Vaildog said:

Is Kitty Hawks business model to aggravate skilled modellers with poor fit, questionable engineering and kits that take the joy out of building?

I'm not sure of my skill level. I've built their Su-35 this year and I am building Su-34 now (things left are armament and landing gear doors) and I can say I enjoyed it so far. 

People are different, some like easy and quick assembly, others like to play with the kit a little and are not scared of putty, sanding and rescribing (which are typical modeller's job). There is nothing bad in either of them.

On 6/25/2020 at 4:20 PM, ijozic said:

It will be interesting to see how it compares to GWH, I presume it will be cheaper, but I hope it will fit well.

Not that much cheaper. On LM website you can preorder, the price is $60 $59,99. Su-35s were for $50. Latest GWH Su-35 (A-G weaponry) is only $15 more expensive. Of course I believe GWH will find it as good reason to also rise the price... 

Anyway, it's not as cheap as previous models, I'm  curious what price is it going to be in Europe, KH models were usually $10 more expensive here. Will it cost insane €70 €69,90? 

Edited by Tapchan
7 hours ago, Petarvu said:

It is available from LM! Three vers- P/SM, UB, MKK

Yes, looks like its in stock. Its interesting, but I think I'll wait for a GWH single seater.

For those who order surface mail to US or Canada, the container arrive in mid June but get inspected by US custom.

it should be released next week and all parcel will reroute to you by USPS or FEDEX 

the next container to US will leave by end of July and arriving late August 

6 hours ago, Raymond Chung said:

For those who order surface mail to US or Canada, the container arrive in mid June but get inspected by US custom.

it should be released next week and all parcel will reroute to you by USPS or FEDEX 

the next container to US will leave by end of July and arriving late August 

What about via air? 

2 hours ago, Vaildog said:

What about via air? 

According to Lucky Models most recent flyer (color highlighting mine):

"The airmail postal services of some countries, such as Japan, Korea, UK, Canada, US, Australia and New Zealand etc. are still suspended. We will keep the parcels in our warehouse and send them out as soon as the services are resumed. Meanwhile, you could select surfacemail, in which the HK Post is improving the transit time of surfacemail. Or, to change to Speedpost or DHL Express (email us to get the best quote)."

So to answer your question, I would say no. Still no airmail from HK to the US.

The frustrating thing is that each postal service has different restrictions, suspensions or delays in place without services between two countries being equivalent. Air transport capacity is of course severely reduced world wide but each postal service reacts in a different way. A few examples:

Japan to US: no service. US to Japan: service, but with some delays.

Japan to HK: service. HK to Japan: no service

Germany to US: only premium service for business customers. US to Germany: service, but with delays.

Japan to Greece: no service. Greece to Japan: service, but with delays.

Japan to Cyprus: no service. Cyprus to Japan: service.

J