I wish I had the time .. Modern Mustang mega meltdown

As I fight and claw my way through my Voodoo Vindication showdown, I think Of other fun things to do in this GB. Some subjects are so popular they are covered by almost every manufacturer. We can all think of them, Spitfire, Bf-109, Mustang, et cetera.  

The  P-51D Mustang has seen several waves of releases in 1/48. If we decide the modern era of modeling begins in the 70s, we still have a large number of kits 

20200627_121911sm-vi.jpg

so from oldest to newest, Otaki, Monogram, Revell, Hasegawa, Tamiya, Airfix, MENG and Eduard.  My research indicated  kits from ICM and HobbyBoss as well. 

The Otaki, Monogram and Revell kits are the first wave, Tamiya and Hasegawa the second wave, and then the ultra modern kits from Airfix, Meng and Eduard mark a third wave. 

I can not possibly build all these by this coming October, but I think I might do a quick look in box of these. Even a look in box would take a lot of time.  It is interesting to see the trends in kit design change over time with a common subject. 

Well that is all. See ya next time

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...