F-16 MLU kit in 1/48 scale ?

Off the top of my head, visible MLU mods include bird slicer antenna farm in front of canopy, landing lights moved from the main gear door to the nose gear door, and a “C” style main instrument panel with (color) MFD displays. If the jet didn’t already have them, 5L & 5R hardpoints were added to the sides of the inlet. 

17 hours ago, JeffreyK said:

KASL have MLU tails for various manufacturers' F-16's, incl. Tamiya.

Yes, but these don't have the RWR on the parachute housing which RNoAF Vipers has. But can be used as a basis and scratchbuild the rest. 

Check out www.F-16.net where you will be able to find just about anything on the F-16A/B MLU upgrade. 

On 6/30/2020 at 2:07 AM, JeffreyK said:

KASL have MLU tails for various manufacturers' F-16's, incl. Tamiya.

13 hours ago, Niels said:

Yes, but these don't have the RWR on the parachute housing which RNoAF Vipers has. But can be used as a basis and scratchbuild the rest. 

Also, the tip of the tail is not correct for a MLU or A version, but this can be corrected with alittle bit of sanding.

However, the part for the spine fits perfectly to the Tamiya kit.

Cheers,

Markus

Edited by delayar

On ‎6‎/‎29‎/‎2020 at 9:10 PM, habu2 said:

Kinetic has one or more MLU boxings. 

Hasegawa did a MLU kit but may have only been decals. I’m far away from my stash at the moment. 

Indeed, it's nowhere close to a MLU

Here is a build of both so called HAsegawa MLU and the Kinetic one - both belgian airforce

https://reddogsmodels.wordpress.com/2017/02/17/kinetic-vs-hasegawa-vs-tamiya-f-16-148/

F-16_kinetic_final_1.png

6 hours ago, delayar said:

Also, the tip of the tail is not correct for a MLU or A version, but this can be corrected with alittle bit of sanding.

However, the part for the spine fits perfectly to the Tamiya kit.

Cheers,

Markus

That's because it is based on the Taiwan Vipers, and they have the RWR as per the F-16C atop of the tail and not on the parachute housing like RNoAF has. 

Thank you very much for all  the answers. Helped me a lot.

I knew the F-16.net, but had actually forgot it. Very informative.

I think I will try KASL resin. It looks nice and I have build a few Tamiya and Hasegawa, so I now these kits.

So one more question: What would be the best starter kit to convert, (if I want to use Hasegawa / Tamiya.) Blok wise.

Thanks again.

Dennis