XPlane or similar sims

I am not certain of what you mean by "similar sims," but I've played a number of flight simulators, including Microsoft Flight Simulator, DCS World, IL2: Cliffs of Dover, and Falcon/BMS.

Did you have questions that you think I might be able to answer?

Hey Ken

I was hoping to simulate certain accidents scenarios on the airport environment

I tried XPlane but the learning curve is way too difficult hence looking for someone who can help with those in a sim where an aircraft is being pushed back

3 hours ago, signals said:

Hey Ken

I was hoping to simulate certain accidents scenarios on the airport environment

I tried XPlane but the learning curve is way too difficult hence looking for someone who can help with those in a sim where an aircraft is being pushed back

Do you mean pushed back from the gate?  I don't think any of the sims I have support that.

I know that XPlane works by simulating the air over the surface of the aircraft, so I think it can be a more realistic representation of an aircraft's flight than MS Flight Simulator, which uses a chart of performance statistics for each aircraft's flying characteristics, but I don't know if that helps in what you're trying to do.

ISTR X-plane being used for accident recreation but the people doing it were driving the sim with black box data.  I toyed with X-plane about 20 years ago so I doubt my experience is relevant now.

2 hours ago, Ken Cartwright said:

Do you mean pushed back from the gate?  I don't think any of the sims I have support that.

I know that XPlane works by simulating the air over the surface of the aircraft, so I think it can be a more realistic representation of an aircraft's flight than MS Flight Simulator, which uses a chart of performance statistics for each aircraft's flying characteristics, but I don't know if that helps in what you're trying to do.

Check out MS flight sim 2020!!  Still in alpha/beta testing, but wow!

In M$ Flightsims you have to press "Shift + p" and your parked aircraft will be pushed back until you press again. (And if you press "shift + p +1" or "shift + p + 2", it will even make a 90 degree pushed turn to the left [1] or the right [2]).

Some better aircraft models even have an animated pushback-truck appearing when you push back. Some addon-programs also provide this feature.

HAJO