1/72 Fujimi A-4M VMA-331 Lo Viz

This is 1 of 3 Fujimi A-4 kits that I just wrapped up. I was originally going to do the marking as VMA-131, but I couldn't get the grey and the decals to work out the way I wanted. You can read about that in this thread:  

So I used the Furball decals and a mix of other ones that I could find and masked off and painted the tail code. Luckily this was one of the jets I was thinking about doing.

The Fujimi kits are great and still hold up well. I did scratch some items such as redoing the ECM blisters in some spots and creating sway brackets along with some other items. I also added the following:

Quickboost Ejection Seat

Quickboost Wheels

Quickboost Exhaust

North Star Mk. 82's

Attack Hobby Fuel Tank

20200627-225310.jpg

20200627-225403.jpg

20200627-225435.jpg

Edited by RCarlson

You did a very nice job on all three Skyhawks, especially with modifying the paint to both make the decals show up properly and still look right. I really like the little details you added, like the brake lines and the canopy hooks, and the larger elements that people often miss like that band around the fuselage belly by the tailhook.

17 hours ago, spejic said:

You did a very nice job on all three Skyhawks, especially with modifying the paint to both make the decals show up properly and still look right. I really like the little details you added, like the brake lines and the canopy hooks, and the larger elements that people often miss like that band around the fuselage belly by the tailhook.

Thanks for noticing the little things! I tried to get all the little details on there that you notice when looking at the real thing.

Jolly nice Scooter! :thumbsup:

This one's also on my list. Osprey's "Light Strike" was one of my first Osprey Military Aviation books and I've had a special fondness for lo viz Skyhawks ever since.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On ‎8‎/‎10‎/‎2020 at 10:11 AM, Thadeus said:

Lovelly Skyhawk.

6 hours ago, Mr.Happy said:

RCarlson,

I think you said it. Those Fujimi A-4 Skyhawk series are still the best in 1/72.

You definitely captured the look of the A-4M👍😎🇺🇸

All the best,

Mr.Happy  

Thanks guys!