YouTube Ads Going Crazy!

I have a few modeling sites I watch on a regular basis and also end up watching random videos here and there.  The last two weeks ads have been much longer and not skippable.  Today, before a Jon Bius video, I was presented with a 53 minute unskippable "ad"!!!!!  I think in the long run it will hurt the people putting out content.  Is anyone else seeing this?

On 7/1/2020 at 3:47 PM, dylan said:

nope. I use firefox as a browser and downloaded adblock plus. no ads on utoob ever.

53 minutes holy jeebus that is excessive.

I too use FireFox but use uBlock Origin for ad blocking (used adblock plus before that but my old lady says uBlock is better and she knows her stuff having been a self employed computer tech for years). Not only are ads annoying but they are frequently a vector for all sorts of malware. Some sites will complain, some won't let you use their site unless you disable ad blocking. Unless absolutely necessary, I avoid those sites.

Edited by Mstor

Something changed apparently, others are experiencing the same thing.  The one I get most is for this charlatan and his lectin-free diet, it's either the 5 minute version or 53 minute one.  Sometimes it is skippable but mostly not.  Will try AdBlocker for Chrome but I was hoping Brave would have something.

YouTube is putting more and more ads in between videos and before. There are some ads that you dont have option to skip. This is a ploy to force you to their Premium service.

The best advice I can give you is to install ABP Plus add on. Its available for both Firefox and Chrome. No ads at all anywhere on any sites.  

Thanks to the effects of having a couple other neurological things happening on top of autism, in order to use the web at all, I have to employ ad blockers, script blockers, GIF blockers, and ESPECIALLY the GIF blockers, those flashy flickery things are pure demonic spawn for sure. Have been wondering for a few years now how long it will be until I am fully shut out of using the web. Oh well, such is life.

2 hours ago, southwestforests said:

Have been wondering for a few years now how long it will be until I am fully shut out of using the web. Oh well, such is life.

You're not the only one man with these thoughts. I'm in a similar mental state about the usefulness of the web in my life. Of course, my work demands it, particularly under the current circumstances but, nonetheless, I cherish the pre-internet era when all we needed in the late nights (and not only) was some good music on the radio (and with no commercials!!!), a Pepsi (or beer) or, even a pack of cigarettes, your favourite kit and all the scale modelling assortments.

P.S.: I'm not that old!😄 mid-40s and NO middle-age CRISIS thank goodness!!!

On 7/1/2020 at 1:10 PM, BenBreeg said:

I have a few modeling sites I watch on a regular basis and also end up watching random videos here and there.  The last two weeks ads have been much longer and not skippable.  Today, before a Jon Bius video, I was presented with a 53 minute unskippable "ad"!!!!!  I think in the long run it will hurt the people putting out content.  Is anyone else seeing this?

well Hyperscale must be following suite! Or they sold out to the add companies. As soon as I leave they go away, and won't be back till I hit M.L.

gary