CD48192 - 1/48 A-10A "Cold War Hogs"

CD48192 will be a new 1/48 sheet for A-10 Warthogs in the older European 1 camo; from the early 1980s to the Desert Storm period. I haven't found a fancy name for it yet.. But it will have quite a few interesting options and Cartograf-printed, state-of-the-art nose art such as "Have Gun Will Travel", "Chopper Popper", several other Desert Storm jets, MA ANG, NY ANG with "Bavaria" markings, etc. Coming in the September-October timeframe.

49123236541_19dbc1ae01_b.jpg

Edited by KursadA
4 hours ago, KursadA said:

CD48192 will be a new 1/48 sheet for A-10 Warthogs in the older European 1 camo; from the early 1980s to the Desert Storm period. I haven't found a fancy name for it yet.. But it will have quite a few interesting options and Cartograf-printed, state-of-the-art nose art such as "Have Gun Will Travel", "Chopper Popper", several other Desert Storm jets, MA ANG, NY ANG with "Bavaria" markings, etc. Coming in the September-October timeframe.

49123236541_19dbc1ae01_b.jpg

Nice!  Chopper Popper is on display at the Thunderbird Overlook on the USAF Academy just down the road from me.

Hi,

How about a "A-10: the early years" sheet?

There are some really nice schemes there. I love the pictures of the first A-10's at Davis Monthan with their celestial camouflage: beautiful pastel colours and black outline badges.

And the famous JAWS aircraft. We all know them, but I'm not even aware of an aftermarket sheet for them.

With the way that these early A-10's were marked, I figure that a lot of options could  be fitted onto a sheet.

Cheers, Stefan.  

Just a small preview as I work on colors, but this will go to print soon - could be released anytime between Nov-Jan. Period-accurate stencilling, 12 options including several Desert Storm jets, NY ANG "Bavaria" markings and a bunch of UK-based USAFE jets.

There is a small, all-black insert (not shown) with tail codes (AR/WR/NY/MB). serials and other smaller black markings, enough spare digits to make almost any jet from the units covered.

cd48192.jpg

Wow late to the party here. Just saw this. Great stuff Kursad. I actually was at Syracuse ANG base when the A-10s were there. Got to touch these A-10s and it was great. Got a lot of slides but you probably have all you need. Those ANG pilots were a great bunch of guys too. Always wanted to build this A-10 with these markings so now I can. Built my Tamiya version in 23 TFW scheme so another will be okay.

• 1 month later...

I am much looking forward to this sheet.    Two questions:

1)  can you say when it will be released?

2)  your original  post for this mentioned the 511TFS aircraft 79-0224 "Have Gun Will Travel" as a subject, but the later post listing Desert Storm aircraft did not list this one, and the decal sheet appears not to include it.   Has it been dropped?

Keep doing what you're doing!    It seems like every few months include a Caracal sheet I just have to have.

Nice collection of Woodridge 81TFW 78/91/92/510TFS and Alconbury 10TFW 509/511TFS Hogs 🙂👍

Before the transfer of the 509+511TFS to 10TFW the 81TFW was the biggest Hog wing in the USAF with 6 squadrons. From the sheet seems both alternatives can be made 🙂

Edited by Niels
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...