CD48194 - 1/48 F-16C "Dark Vipers" Part 3

As more USAF/ANG units adopt the Have Glass 5 scheme, it is time for a new "Dark Vipers" sheet - expect this one to be available in the Sept-Nov. timeframe.

It will mostly follow the same design I used in the first two sheets, with some improvements to the stencilling/common markings section based on feedback from you.

Edited by KursadA
  • 1 month later...

Some quick drafts - it looks like I will be able to fit these four units on Dark Vipers 3. With the speed that various units are transitioning to the new scheme, I am sure there will be other sheets in the series next year.

I think the San Antonio jets got a couple of smaller markings (kill mark, unit ribbon etc.) later on that I have not yet drawn - I will finalize these during the weekend.

cd48194promos.jpg

Edited by KursadA
On 7/1/2020 at 1:46 PM, KursadA said:

As more USAF/ANG units adopt the Have Glass 5 scheme, it is time for a new "Dark Vipers" sheet - expect this one to be available in the Sept-Nov. timeframe.

It will mostly follow the same design I used in the first two sheets, with some improvements to the stencilling/common markings section based on feedback from you.

Great news!  BTW, do you have plans for a new F-35A sheet? Lots of new USAF units using this aircraft (AK, VT, and  the 4th & 421th FS in the 388 FW).

The 1/72 version is a bit more complicated - the first 72 scale "Dark Vipers" sheet (CD72060) is just sold out and I will reprint it soon.

A new 1/72 Dark Vipers sheet without any overlap with CD72060 probably needs 2-3 more options, so I will need to draw a few more units before I can put together a second 1/72 scale sheet. You can expect this second sheet in early 2021.

Edited by KursadA
  • 1 month later...