I am currently building the 1/32nd Trumpeter SU-27 and I am at the point of painting the Zactoman intakes before fitting. I have these photos from walk around from a Flanker Photo DVD I bought 15 years ago.

Any clarification would be very useful.

vogDcW.jpg

FwT6nh.jpg

30FPCD.jpg

SUQzZd.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/2/2020 at 9:16 PM, crobinsonh said:

...and as it should have stated does anyone know if these are flat metal colour or gray?

Gosh.. it's been 15 years since I was selling that CD.. 😱 Glad it's of help

52 minutes ago, flybywire said:

Sorry to steal your topic but could someone explain  why it doesn't look like gray at all?

It doesn't, does it? 😃

According to the current official standards the paint used for the internal surfaces of the intakes is EP-140 of grey colour. 

But reality is different. The factories used to paint the intakes with lacquer duraluminium. One needs to study pictures of the chosen prototype for modelling. Most of the times if the plane is in original factory colours then the intakes will be duraluminium. If later the plane had a full maintenance the intakes would be grey.

Hope this helps

Sergey

19 hours ago, Kasatka said:

It doesn't, does it? 😃

According to the current official standards the paint used for the internal surfaces of the intakes is EP-140 of grey colour. 

But reality is different. The factories used to paint the intakes with lacquer duraluminium. One needs to study pictures of the chosen prototype for modelling. Most of the times if the plane is in original factory colours then the intakes will be duraluminium. If later the plane had a full maintenance the intakes would be grey.

Hope this helps

Sergey

Thank you so very much for your response! Nobody has ever given me such a concise explanation, ever! 

On 7/15/2020 at 9:58 PM, Kasatka said:

It doesn't, does it? 😃

Hope this helps

Sergey

Great explanation - thank you for taking the time to respond.