L/F 72nd F4.E slotted stabilators

Hi Guys.

Looking for a set of 1.72nd slotted stabilators so i can convert a Revell F4.F into an F4.E to make a Hellenic version hopefully,If i cant source any suitable decals then i will make a.u.s 57 FIS Keflavik.Any advice or suggestions are most welcome.Im in the u.k.

Thanks all.

Rich.

To my knowledge there aren't any aftermarket Phantom stabilators in 1/72.  Your best bet is probably placing a want ad for spares in the buy/sell forum (Britmodeller would be a more likely place to avoid shipping costs greater than an entire new kit). 

The ESCI Phantom kits all include both slotted and unslotted stabs in the box, so any version using the unslotted type would give you the extra set you need (unslotted stabs would be correct for the F-4C/D, F-4F, or RF-4C/E boxings).  I believe the latest F-4C/D/J release by Italeri uses the same tooling and would have the same extra parts.

The Accurate Miniatures reboxing of the classic Monogram F-4C/D includes an extra sprue from the F-4J tooling that has the slotted stabs meant for the Navy bird (note this duplication was *not* made in the original kits).

Edited by Quixote74

Thank you for your knowledge and help,Sadly here in u.k either on e.bay or 2nd hand vendors not a single Revell F4F!,Seems a real lack of f4 kits online maybe due to Covid 19 stopping imports,The Hasegawa C2 boxing is available but its the oldie kit with raised panels and no slats.Unfortunately Britmodeller only allows fir sale and trades etc to folk with 100posts!.

Thanks for your help.

Regards from Richard.

Just to clarify, are you looking for slotted stabs to convert a Revell F to an E, or are you looking for any good 1/72 (slatted) F-4E kit?  Hasegawa's newer tool can be tricky to find at times (and pricey if you do), but the alternatives from Fujimi or ESCI are pretty good and generally much cheaper.