Looking for something fairly simple but representative for a loadout for an F-35 of an ANG unit. 

Was thinking possibly one GBU under each wing, like maybe a GBU-12 and a -38. 

Maybe a single AIM-9X on an outboard, thinking port/left? 

Maybe a single AIM-120 in an internal bay, the other one empty?  

In other words, not loaded for bear, but not just for display either.

What would you do?

Edited by Andrew D. the Jolly Rogers guy

With 'an ANG unit' you mean VT ANG? AFAIK that's the only ANG unit sofar that has received its own jets.

When installing the outboard launchers make sure the load is symmetrical.  Same goes for the A-G pylons. Install all four. 

Use GBU-12/31/39/49 for A-G. AIM-9X & AIM-120C for A-A.

1 hour ago, Dave Williams said:

I think he means add both outboard pylons, not just one.  Don’t think you have to load missiles on both since there are photos of F-35s flying with only one Sidewinder loaded, but both pylons are installed.

Ah! That does clear it up; I had already figured on loading all the pylons, just didn't want to leave them quite totally empty.

If both Sidewinder rails are on, and only one missile was being loaded, would that usually default to Station 1? Normally?

14 hours ago, Andrew D. the Jolly Rogers guy said:

Thanks Dave! :cheers:

Step two, probably a single -12 under each wing.  

The fact that photos exist of F-35s flying with one CATM-9X loaded doesn't mean it is an authorized load 😉

I don't have access to US specific data but normally when external pylons are carried (six) they should be all empty or all full.

It's your model; built it the way you want it to look and have fun doing that!

9 hours ago, pollie said:

The fact that photos exist of F-35s flying with one CATM-9X loaded doesn't mean it is an authorized load 😉

I don't have access to US specific data but normally when external pylons are carried (six) they should be all empty or all full.

It's your model; built it the way you want it to look and have fun doing that!

Well, I'm trying to be accurate and not fanciful.  On the other hand, if we see F-35's flying with single AIM-9's, then authorized or not, then it must be accurate. 🙂 

Examples here that I just found from the same unit in question:

pDXkrRl.jpg

G45mI1S.jpg