Hello fellow modelers,

This project had started from the April, but due to my limited time the progress was very slow and I didn't managed to post earlier.

The kit I chose was Eduard's Fw 190 D-9 Late #8189 profi pack.

8189.jpg

I started assembling the first parts (cockpit, some gun bay parts, gears etc.) and then I continued with the priming.

50052149101_bfcc009538_k_d.jpg

Afterwards I painted the cockpit and cockpits sidewalls with AK true metal silver, I used this layer as a base for the chipping. Then I painted using mostly AK's 3rd gen colors. Unfortunately I didn't have RLM 66 for the cockpit interior so I mixed it using reference pictures, for the mix I used Pale grey and black (1:3 ratio approx.). I painted the cockpit details using a 10/0 brush with 50-50 water diluted paint, I used the photo-edged parts and actual pictures as reference. Ι don't like the "flat photo-edged parts, for some details I cut the decals and I applied them in the correct position.

50052386737_6656a08e19_k_d.jpg 50052388452_611b7faffa_k_d.jpg

For the weathering I used for the first time AK's waterpencils, I really liked the final result. Also I used Winsor & Newton Wintor and Abteilung oil paints.

50051571268_5a8b240add_k_d.jpg50052392407_a718abb616_k_d.jpg 

50052382372_d77de631fd_k_d.jpg

Currently I have glued the 2 fuselage parts and the wing together. The fitting is not the best but I can fix it with some putty (picture will be uploaded later). 

I would like to ask if someone has pictures of a similar finished model or actual pictures.

Any commend is very useful because I am relatively new in the hobby (This is only fourth kit, I have finished 2 spitfires and I have a F 16 on hold).