Color-matching, Model Master compared to AMMO/Mig.

Because MM will be discontinued, I would like to know how close Mig/AMMO paint colors are to MM FS colors.

I have heard that MM colors are as close to FS595 as your going to get. But what about Mig/AMMO colors? How are they compared to MM colors? This applies to both MM enamels and acrylics.

Thanks for any help.

Scott

CNJC-IPMS

I don’t use MiG/Ammo much, but they seem decent for color accuracy. They don’t quite match MM which are well regarded, but certainly within general fading and wear and tear. Just stay away from Vallejo. Their color scientist (made that title up) is on drugs. 

• 4 months later...
On 7/10/2020 at 6:43 AM, F-16 said:

I have heard that MM colors are as close to FS595 as your going to get.

So many lies, rumors, speculations, and assumptions on the internet.  MM colors are not the holy grail either:

model_master.png

14 hours ago, RichardL said:

So many lies, rumors, speculations, and assumptions on the internet.  MM colors are not the holy grail either:

model_master.png

4 hours ago, RichardL said:

Ammo of Mig:

ammo_of_mig.png

I think your desire to show your perspicacity has made you a victim here.

Your example just goes to show he is actually right. He didnt claim they were 100% spot on, meerly that they are better than others.

Perhaps better than two or three others, but there are eight or nine others that have a better match.  The OP was asking about Mig/AMMO colors, so I posted a picture to answer his question instead of waving my hands.

On 12/4/2020 at 10:47 PM, RichardL said:

model_master.png

Lies?  After using MM for 35 years, and trying almost every other paint manufacturer, I haven't come across anything that's closer.  It may not be perfect in all cases, but no other brand has been near as close.