I don't have to look at that photograph to fill-in-the-blank.

New research will completely invalidate the most difficult-to-address part of your model right after you post finished pictures.

A new-tool highly detailed, well-fitting kit will be released right after you complete that old dimensionally-accurate-but-devoid-of-detail kit with fully scratch built cockpit, wheel wells, and landing gear. (Lindberg 1/48 F11F-1 Tiger, do you hear me?)

A new-tool highly detailed, well-fitting, and very affordable kit will be released right after you finally acquire the  multiple PE and resin sets that quadrupled the base cost of that old dimensionally-accurate kit.

Parts, supplies, tools and assemblies will expand to fill all available work area.

Any paint you need to complete an important part to move forward with assembly will be completely dried out in its bottle.

No matter how careful one is, small parts will fly out of your hands never to be seen again.

The fragility of decals or their tendency to shatter is directly related to how rare or hard it is to find said decals.

At least one aftermarket set essential for a model you are working on will be OOP and impossible to find.

Related to the one above...

While painting, you will run out of one of the primary paints for the model. Said color will be out of stock, OOP or just generally unavailable everywhere you look.

5 hours ago, Napalmakita said:

During final assembly, while gluing on the last part, I will knock off at least 2 of the previous  parts I glued on

A corollary to the above...

The closer you get to completing a model, the more problems you will have finishing it, including, but not limited to: knocking off parts, leaving fingerprints in paint or glue, discovering parts assembled out of alignment, and discovering parts you forgot to add after an area has been assembled and you can no longer reach the area where the part goes.

7 hours ago, Mstor said:

A corollary to the above...

The closer you get to completing a model, the more problems you will have finishing it, including, but not limited to: knocking off parts, leaving fingerprints in paint or glue, discovering parts assembled out of alignment, and discovering parts you forgot to add after an area has been assembled and you can no longer reach the area where the part goes.

100% 😆.  I wonder what I spend more time on, the build or the corrections as I build. ..oh, and I'm always good for forgetting to add a nose weight until after the pit n fuselage are all buttoned up.  I did it again on the mig 21 I'm building now.  

Edited by Napalmakita

Anything will fit perfectly so long as you don't apply glue.  Anything engineered to fit perfectly without glue* will be impossible to take apart after test-fitting, unless you break it.

Items dropped on the floor become invisible to the naked eye and can be found only with the naked foot.

You will run out of a crucial paint colour only when it's another week before you can buy more and there's absolutely nothing else you can be doing to your model to fill in the time.

* I have my doubts about this - sounds like the "non-iron shirt" to me

No matter how well you prepare and plan for a project and how many supplies and aftermarket you buy in anticipation of the build, there will always be more things you need to buy and usually near the end of the build when you are anxious to see it completed. These additional supplies will always cost more and/or have more costly shipping.

(Thanks to "Andrew D. the Jolly Rogers guy" for stumbling across this one in his F-35 paint thread!)

Just as you're about to attach that tiny part or apply a dot of paint with the 3 hair spotter brush, someone in the house yells: "Come get what the dog dragged in from the backyard!" ..! :explode::explode:

-Gregg

On 7/14/2020 at 3:51 AM, Darren Roberts said:

When you see something you want, buy it, because when you go back for it at a later date, you won't find it.

Ain't that the truth brother!!!!

Unfortunately, I continue to make the same mistake. Some times it's the lack of money, other times it's the hesitation to make a higher bid. 

11 hours ago, GreyGhost said:

Just as you're about to attach that tiny part or apply a dot of paint with the 3 hair spotter brush, someone in the house yells: "Come get what the dog dragged in from the backyard!" ..! :explode::explode:

-Gregg

If it's not a snake don't bother!!! Let someone else do the job 😁

18 hours ago, Mstor said:

No matter how well you prepare and plan for a project and how many supplies and aftermarket you buy in anticipation of the build, there will always be more things you need to buy and usually near the end of the build when you are anxious to see it completed. These additional supplies will always cost more and/or have more costly shipping.

The story of my (scale modelling) life!!!

Being a big fun of Adversaries and planning to build as many as possible (before I "buy the farm") interesting paint schemes, I must have spent more than a thousand dollars on buying mainly decals, kits, colours (FS) from different companies, and the necessary accessories to finish them. AND I still need more kits (52 and counting) and decals' sheets!!!