Thinning Alclad Aqua Gloss and Vallejo clear varnish ?

I used to spray Alclad Aqua gloss straight out of the bottle, but it is a bit thick. Sometimes it is hard to get a good panel line wash with thick layers. I was wondering if anyone thin the auqa gloss for airbrushing? I just get Vallejo Premium airbush matt and satin varnish, do they need to be thinned as well ?

Thanks

11 hours ago, BraggPeak said:

I used to spray Alclad Aqua gloss straight out of the bottle, but it is a bit thick. Sometimes it is hard to get a good panel line wash with thick layers. I was wondering if anyone thin the auqa gloss for airbrushing? I just get Vallejo Premium airbush matt and satin varnish, do they need to be thinned as well ?

Thanks

Bragg

You don't need to think Aqua Gloss. It is ready for use straight out of the bottle and lays down flat. Are you perhaps spraying it on to thickly? Also as far as thinning it...I don't think it is recommended. When I use Aqua gloss, never ever need to thin it it.

As far as Vallejo Flat/Gloss, I normally thin it 50/50 for airbrushing.

Depending on the temperature, Aqua Gloss can spray thin or thick.  Sometimes there may be no rhyme or reason to it...I have had success thinning it with both Tamiya Lacquer Thinner or just plain alcohol.  Any thinning agent should be used sparingly until you feel confident about what you are doing.  Good Luck and Model On...

10 hours ago, FalconFan24 said:

Bragg

You don't need to think Aqua Gloss. It is ready for use straight out of the bottle and lays down flat. Are you perhaps spraying it on to thickly? Also as far as thinning it...I don't think it is recommended. When I use Aqua gloss, never ever need to thin it it.

As far as Vallejo Flat/Gloss, I normally thin it 50/50 for airbrushing.

Probably I am spaying it too thick. I have been spaying it at 16-19 psi, so it is probably too low thus the paint doesn't spread out enough. Someone suggested spraying at >20psi , will give that a try.