Modern seated pilot figures

I would like to build some models as in-flight, but I am having trouble finding good pilot figures, particularly modern Russian ones.  Too many of the companies (AeroBonus is a prime example) model their seated figures without the figure wearing the oxygen mask.  I have always understood that during take off and when entering a combat area, modern pilots wear their oxygen masks and normally have their visors down in case of a problem that requires ejection.   Reedoak has some very nice seated French pilot figures, and they have a very nice standing Russian pilot suited up like the Su-34 crews in Syria (summer uniform, ZSH-7 helmet, and no G-suit).  Zvezda has a couple of acceptable pilot figures in their Yak-130 kit, and since they appear to be designing their kits with the option of in-flight configuration (Yak-130 & Mi-24V being the only 1/48 examples at this time), more pilot figures should be in the pipeline from them.  Does anyone know of any other kit makers who include decent seated pilot figures in their kits (again, I'm particularly interested in modern Russian/Russian equipped figures)?  

Also, I will make the disclaimer that I have zero figure sculpting skills.  I can cut up a figure and fill the gaps with Milliput so the figure fits a particular kit, but if I can't sculpt an oxygen mask on a figure.  I also do not have 3D printing capability, but it seems like once a figure is modeled in CAD, there should be some ability to manipulate the figure, e.g., figures in Blender.  Reedoak alreadly creates their figures in multiple scales.

The Monogram figure is also suited up as a pilot from the 80s or 90s like the PJ Productions figure, i.e., ZSH-5 helmet.  I think Reedoak is our best hope for a modern Russian pilot because they already have several in standing poses including one suited up like an Su-34 or Su-25 pilot (no G-suit) in summer uniform with a survival vest just like the pilots in Syria.  The best looking pilot/WSO figures I've seen so far are Reedoak's Mirage 2000 two-man crew.  Of course when I go to Reedoak's site none of the images will load.  Here's a link to some images of the figures on Aeroscale:  

https://aeroscale.kitmaker.net/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=35626

Figures like these for modern Russia, modern US & other NATO countries, etc. would really be welcomed to the market.

51 minutes ago, Bill Moran said:

Of course when I go to Reedoak's site none of the images will load.  Here's a link to some images of the figures on Aeroscale:  

Figures like these for modern Russia, modern US & other NATO countries, etc. would really be welcomed to the market.

Would this be of any help ?  (note : items may be displayed on 2/3 pages or more - i.e. modern US- )

http://reedoak.com

Edited by AV O

Best looking rusdian pilot I've seen is included in GWH Su-35 PLAAF special edition, however it has no visor down 😕 but the mask is on.

I too think that some companies (like Tamiya) could release seated pilots themselves. Like couple of pilots of type in box. 

I contacted Live Resin and Reedoak via email to run a suggestion of more seated crew figures, particularly modern Russian.  I received a reply from Yaroslav of Live Resin.  He said that he had thought of expanding to 1/48 aviation figures, but didn't have the time to do the research.  I also emailed Loic Anthian of Kitlinx.com and formerly owner of GreatModels.com to see if he had the time to gather some data on the most popular 1/48 modern jets.  I should hear back from him because I knew him well when I lived in Salt Lake City.  I also need to create a post on this forum and one or two others to get info on what modelers on the forums would like to see.  I think modern Russian pilots would be a good start for Yaroslav most of the modern Russian jets use basically the same ejection seat.  If the kit manufactures are somewhat close to scale, a figure should be able to work in multiple kits (possibly with a little judicious grinding on the butt & back).  Four figures could cover most of the Russian aircraft: pilot and WSO without G-suits for strike aircraft such as Su-34 and Su-25/39, and the same with G-suits for the fighters such as Mig-29, Su-27/30/33/35.  Live Resin designs their figures and other products in CAD, 3D prints them broken down into components optimized for resin casting, which gives some flexibility for the modeler assembling the figures to modify the positions of hands, arms, etc.

Also, it would be useful if we started a list of model kits that include pilot figures (and their quality) like Tapchan did above.  I will add that the Zvezda Yak-130 includes two okay crew figures with the Zsh-7 helmet with visor up and oxygen mask on.  While looking for other items, I found that KASL hobby has a nice figure for the F-CK-1 aircraft.  I don't know if that figure can be used in any other aircraft, i.e., I don't know if his helmet, flight suit, etc. are common to other countries.  Also, the ejection seat is not included.

3KfxjK1.jpg

I certainly would like to see more figures for modern aircraft.  My wish would be for the heads to be separate, not just to allow different configurations - visor up or down, but also to pose the head to look to one side or slightly tilted.  What would also be good would be to mould the handle of the control column with the hand so that it appears to actually grip it.  The modeller can cut off the handle and mount the column in the model and bend it slightly to the approximate position - the hand and handle will hide most of the control column anyway.

Niels,

That figure is good for 80's up to late 90's or maybe early 2000's.  It is wearing the older Zsh-5 helmet which has the visor retract over the top.  The newer Zsh-7 helmet has the visor retract up into the helmet.  It also has a mount for NVGs (often removed) and five (or is it six?) distinctive vent holes across the top.  

I am working on some aircraft from the Syrian civil war, and I will probably use the PJ Productions Soviet/Russian pilot to represent Syrian pilots since they seem to have older Soviet/Russian equipment.

Bill