4 -bladed OV-10G+

OV-10 has been brought back into service in various roles from manned over watch aircraft for SOF forces to Blue_Air JTAC training aircraft. Does anyone make the four bladed upgrade to the OV-10G+

Not that I am aware of. There are a number of other users that have upgraded as well, but you will probably have to scratch build the new props and spinner.

Cheers,

Hoops

I believe the OV-10G has the same props as a Metroliner and MU-2.  I know the engines are the same.  If you can find kits of either, maybe you can cannibalize the props from one to the other.  Just a thought. 

Hi All,

I too am looking into the four-bladed Hartzel props for my Philippine Air Force OV-10 project and have discussed this with Hoops earlier.  Maybe the Mu-2 props might be easier than my trying my hand at carving out the spinner shapes and adding blades.

IF I do make a set, I'll try to get somebody to produce them in resin for the -10G kits also.

WARDOG

On another forum I was reading a build thread for the Special Hobby 1/72 CASA 212.  That led me to search other build / review articles.

The CASA 212 uses the same Garrett engines as the OV-10.  The Special Hobby kit includes TWO sets of props - narrow cord (metal) and broad cord (composite).

If you can reach out to someone that has the kit and is willing to give up one set of props, problem solved!

C2j