Beautiful metallic finish. You say it is automotive type paint? Could you elaborate? It appears to be extremely fine grained pigment. Looks better than many of the metallics by model paint makers.

5 hours ago, Mstor said:

Beautiful metallic finish. You say it is automotive type paint? Could you elaborate? It appears to be extremely fine grained pigment. Looks better than many of the metallics by model paint makers.

Thank you! These are polyester type paints, locally produced here. I use them mostly for superior mechanical and chemical resistance. And yes,  pigments are very fine.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know why more modellers haven't commented on this build that is one gorgeous plane you have done the finishing is superb. I am looking in close at all the parts of the plane and I can only imagine the hours you put into this model. I am not normally a fan of the older jets but the squadron you chose and your metal work is very well done.  

31 minutes ago, Night Owl Models said:

I don't know why more modellers haven't commented on this build that is one gorgeous plane you have done the finishing is superb. I am looking in close at all the parts of the plane and I can only imagine the hours you put into this model. I am not normally a fan of the older jets but the squadron you chose and your metal work is very well done.  

Thank you very much!!

• 2 weeks later...