@Stephen I did small research, if you look at first photo the tank seem to have constant curves, meanwhile BLU-27 profile is made of straight lines.

This led me to Japanese site where same shiny tank from Hyakuri AB was described as former F-104 external fuel tank.

Japanese F-104s had different tanks than USAF/European ones. In result I've found this

https://the48ers.com/f-104-startfighter-external-fuel-tanks.html

I’ve never seen a F-104J or DJ with anything but the same tanks as any other F-104.  The only tank differences that I’m aware of are that the wing tanks are different than the tip tanks, and the tip tanks on  A,B,C,D models had symmetrical right/left tail fins instead of the asymmetrical fins on the later F-104s, including the J.

7 hours ago, Tapchan said:

@Stephen I did small research, if you look at first photo the tank seem to have constant curves, meanwhile BLU-27 profile is made of straight lines.

This led me to Japanese site where same shiny tank from Hyakuri AB was described as former F-104 external fuel tank.

Japanese F-104s had different tanks than USAF/European ones. In result I've found this

https://the48ers.com/f-104-startfighter-external-fuel-tanks.html

Those Quickboost tanks look weird to me, they are too fat where the fins attach. Compare them (medium gray) with the Hasegawa tip tanks (light gray). Photo courtesy of Erik Leijdens.

rzh-pauze-68.jpg

Rob

Harold from AMS Resins makes the JASDF travel pods in 1/48 and 1/32.   They are indeed repurposed F-104J drop tanks.   I have a couple of the AMS tanks and they are perfectly sized.   See this link here for details.    You'll need to get with Harold directly to order as I don't think he has them listed anywhere.  

Edited by Drifterdon
22 minutes ago, Tapchan said:

Travel pod in F-16 looks way different than this:

800px-JASDF_F-4EJ_Kai(07-8428)_travel_po

@Drifterdon thanks, I will ask but looks like shipping cost itself from US to EU can kill the idea. 

If you have some old F-104 tip tanks you should be able to modify yourself then scribe in the door on the side.  Pretty straight forward.

• 2 weeks later...

The worst thing is there are no resins in reasonable price. There is AMS, on spruebrothers single tanks/pods in 48th scale costs 10 to 12 usd. So cheapest option is $20 for pods and $14 for shipping, total of $34. This would be around €30, where I can buy whole new Kinetic F-104 for €40 and (using bluestuff+milliput) clone the tanks. 

I have created a post, we'll see. If there will be noone until I build this Phantom then I'll have to get new TF-104 from Kinetic.