1/48 monogram mosquito propellers wanted

I'm assembling a  'started' Monogram Mosquito I was given 20 years ago.  I can get a complete airplane out of it save for the propellers.  Both propellers have one blade broken off, and I'm missing one of the broken blades.  On a good day, I'd love to scare up a pair of propellers for this thing.  Can't locate anything on Ebay save for the pricey aftermarket (resin?) propellers for Spitfires and Hurricanes.  

Suggestions will be very welcome as to what makes the most sense going forward.  And my scrapbox doesn't have any 1/48 propellers in it to cannibalize blades from. 

Thanks very much. 

You might bring your props to your LHS to see if you can resin blades that are similar or perhaps a little larger so they can be reshaped. Alternately, you might try to shape a replacement blade from plastic strip. 

HTH

-- 

dnl

Thanks, folks.  I'm not intending to spend the price of a whole new (and unwanted) kit on two resin props.  I'm trying to get a discarded and very shopworn pile of parts to look like an airplane, and what's missing are the propellers.

The Tamiya advice is very welcome.

So, anybody have an unused set of Tamiya 1/48 Mosquito propellers available for adoption?

Thanks! 

11 hours ago, peter havriluk said:

I'm assembling a  'started' Monogram Mosquito I was given 20 years ago.  I can get a complete airplane out of it save for the propellers.  Both propellers have one blade broken off, and I'm missing one of the broken blades.  On a good day, I'd love to scare up a pair of propellers for this thing.  Can't locate anything on Ebay save for the pricey aftermarket (resin?) propellers for Spitfires and Hurricanes.  

Suggestions will be very welcome as to what makes the most sense going forward.  And my scrapbox doesn't have any 1/48 propellers in it to cannibalize blades from. 

Thanks very much. 

I have have what you need. Contact me via PM and I will get them to you.

I've built two of the Tamiya mossies , one as a PR IV and the other as a B MK IV.

so the props I have leftover are the Hamilton-Standard props for the FB MK VI.

you didn't specify which version you are building or what blades you need. 😈

( the devil is in the details , ya know )

Which version? Damfino. The model came my way with the bomber nose sawed off and discarded, but there were enough parts in the box to build a nightfighter version, so that's what the airframe is.  I'm decorating it as if it was a PR version (bomber nose) lent to the USAAF, pr blue, red tail. Inauthentic as can be, but it'll look attractive sitting among others on the shelf, and it amounts to a dumpster rescue.   

I once built up a fanciful USAAF A-25 out of a Matchbox Curtiss Helldiver.  Pleased me no end to have a folded-wings OD/gray dive bomber. 

• 2 weeks later...

Finished the Mosquito two days ago,  Friday August 7.  Soon's I get some shelf space cleared, it'll be in sight till some future project wants its space, then it's downstairs to the chest of drawers.  I have another (German) Mosquito to assemble to keep this one company for a while.  

Thanks, everybody!

Edited by peter havriluk