Opinions on the AModel 1/72 Dassault Falcon 50 kit?

Is it good got good fit blah blah blah. For those of you who don't immediately know what I'm talking about, it's Dassault's first business tri-jet, the "really cool one." I'm thinking my Hase 172 Mu-2 (well, pair of them now) really needs a companion on the mini-tarmac.

Amazon listing for additional reference.

Actually I'm probably gonna get the one with winglets.

Edited by Just call me Ray

I haven't built the Falcon 50 but have the 2 boxings in the stash. I have finish an AModel PC-12NG in the SovaM boxing and have a started Learjet XP60. The build thread for the PC-12 is here.

AModel kits are not Hasegawa or Tamiya, they need a little work. To Amodel's credit they like to add a lot of detail where they can. The main parts do not have locating pins and almost every part needs some clean up after removing from the sprue gates and squaring up of mating surfaces, there are a lot of smaller detail parts which can be hard to clean up after taking them off the sprue due to the shape of the connecting point, The Falcon 50 kits also includes a small fret of some etch grills and antennas. The kit has a nicely detailed cockpit but no cabin interior. Also when adding the smaller exterior parts like antennas there are no locating holes, in some cases there is a small scribed line to show where it is supposed to go. On a final note, the instructions need to be studded as some locating positions for gear strut components and the like can be vague and checking reference photos helps here.

It will build up into a nice model with some care. There is also an after market white metal intake and pitot tube replacement set from Mini World available for the kit that I also have.

Hopefully I have not put you off, it will build up nicely with time and patience.

Edited by Trojan Thunder
  • 3 weeks later...