Hello everybody... Kinda new, it's been a while! Anyways I'm working on KH 1/35 ah 6.  I used an African sand mixed with beach sand pigments as an interior wash.  I don't know if it looks right. I assume the interior is also a flat color right? Anyways here is a picture

Thanks! If anybody sees anything that is incorrect or looks bad please let me know.... My feelings don't get hurt that easily haha. Anyways here is the cockpit finished! 

One more thing.... I moved the fire extinguisher.  Most of the pictures I seen had the extinguisher laying down beside the seat and not standing up.IMG-20200729-000141494.jpg

I'd say a mix of matt in some places and satin in others, probably around the fuselage area under the rotor and around the engine. The decals could also do with being toned-down as the lettering and numbers in kit decals are way too bright. They should be closer to Olive Drab or Helo Drab. It is still a great result for your build.

LD. 

Edited by Loach Driver

The only thing I can suggest is if you over-spray the decals with a thinned mix of clear and a hint of the black base colour. This will tone the brightness of the decals down. I don't own an airbrush so don't actually know if this will work or is possible. Maybe some of the more skilled here can confirm if this might work or not. Maybe try it on a spare decal on a painted piece of scrap plastic first. 

LD.

I tried airbrushing an acrylic olive drab thinned down a lot but it didn't work at all.... But it did kinda make a really cool wash with the grey! I gonna try dry brushing it on with a Tamiya weathering sponge.  Hopefully that will work.  Anyways I screwed up the m134 barrels pretty good..... So I replaced them with RB barrels and what a difference! They seem longer but it gives it a lot meaner look.

22 hours ago, thefngreek1 said:

I tried airbrushing an acrylic olive drab thinned down a lot but it didn't work at all.... But it did kinda make a really cool wash with the grey! I gonna try dry brushing it on with a Tamiya weathering sponge.  Hopefully that will work. 

You could always replace the decals with properly colored OD Green ones from one of Werner's Wings 160th SOAR decal sets.

$(KGrHqNHJEQFC1GVcur2BQ)0j9rkDQ~~60_57.J$T2eC16FHJIkE9qU3iMHLBQ)0j-IEsg~~60_57.J$T2eC16FHJIQE9qUHrjflBQ)0j6rTP!~~60_57.J

Edited by HeavyArty