Res Kit MH-60L Rotors?

Hey All,

Wondering if any of you have evaluated the new Res Kit parts for the Main and Tail rotor for the Kitty Hawk 1/35 Black Hawk.  I just saw them on The Modeling News, and they look fabulous, but, frankly, I know the kit parts are pretty good, too.  Has anyone evaluated the Res Kit parts compared to the kit parts and are the Res Kit parts worth getting?  I have the Kitty Hawk kit, but haven't unboxed it yet, hence my question to those who may have had the chance to evaluate/compare.  The Res Kit pars are going to be pricey, something close to $50.00 for the pair, if you buy directly from Res Kit, so I think they'd have to be pretty spectacular, relatively speaking, since that is ~50% the cost of the kit!!

Edited by Curt B

I have only seen pics of the ResKit rotor parts.  I have built the KH HH-60G Pave Hawk and am currently working on the KH MH-60L Black Hawk.  To me, the kit parts are excellent.  I don't see a need for the ResKit parts, especially at the prices they are asking.

21 minutes ago, HeavyArty said:

I have only seen pics of the ResKit rotor parts.  I have built the KH HH-60G Pave Hawk and am currently working on the KH MH-60L Black Hawk.  To me, the kit parts are excellent.  I don't see a need for the ResKit parts, especially at the prices they are asking.

Thanks for the thoughts, Gino.

11 hours ago, hawkwrench said:

At least the reskit pieces have the bridge and flight control rods. And what do the rods connect to???

Hmmm, we'll see!!!

Unless you slide the doghouse forward, you can't see any of the rods and linkages anyways.

Hopefully they are doing all the hydralics and linkages up under the doghouse.  That would be a most welcome addition.

Edited by HeavyArty
5 hours ago, HeavyArty said:

Unless you slide the doghouse forward, you can't see any of the rods and linkages anyways.

Hopefully they are doing all the hydralics and linkages up under the doghouse.  That would be a most welcome addition.

Patience young skywalker!!!

Tim