I've noticed sometimes that when I'm browsing eBay and go to the next page, there items that come up for only a second or two, and then it goes to a new page and I can never find those items that I only had a brief glimpse of. It makes me think I'm missing out on something! 😄 Anyone know why that occurs, or how to correct it?

You are experiencing the intersection of two alternate realities. This causing you to see, briefly, into the eBay listing of the other reality. Are you experiencing headaches, tingling in your extremities?  These might be side effects of the intersection.

Of course, you may also be reading the post of a raving lunatic. If so, have no fear. My nurse is coming with my medication even as I speak. She will make things all better and then I will go beddy bye.

There all better now. What was you question? Never mind, all of a sudden I am very sleepy.

2 hours ago, Darren Roberts said:

I've noticed sometimes that when I'm browsing eBay and go to the next page, there items that come up for only a second or two, and then it goes to a new page and I can never find those items that I only had a brief glimpse of. It makes me think I'm missing out on something! 😄 Anyone know why that occurs, or how to correct it?

You have now entered "The Twilight Zone"

When you visit their site eBay (and many other sites) read the cookies and browsing history stored on your device and use that info to populate "related" items they think you will be influenced to click on and buy.

Big eBayrother is watching.......

This reminds me of a thread here on ARC a couple of years ago.  As you have probably noticed there are rotating ads at the top of the forum page, those ads are based on your cookies and your browsing history stored on your device.   I remember a user who was complaining about adult/p*rn related ads on ARC and how it was inappropriate.  When it was pointed out those ads were targeted specifically at him (and why) he got vewwwy qwiet....  :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

20 hours ago, habu2 said:

This reminds me of a thread here on ARC a couple of years ago.  As you have probably noticed there are rotating ads at the top of the forum page, those ads are based on your cookies and your browsing history stored on your device.   I remember a user who was complaining about adult/p*rn related ads on ARC and how it was inappropriate.  When it was pointed out those ads were targeted specifically at him (and why) he got vewwwy qwiet....  :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

🤣

If you see something you're interested in and afraid it won't be there after a refresh, right-click on the item and open it in a new tab or window, then continue browsing in your current tab/window. Best of both worlds...

On 7/29/2020 at 10:49 AM, habu2 said:

It was for research!!!! 😁

9 hours ago, habu2 said:

TINS:  After searching for kits on HLJ and Lucky etc. I routinely get popups for “Hot Asian Models”....

:rofl: You made my day.  You, Sir, are as reliable as the rising sun. :thumbsup:

eBay has been known to mess with search results and hide listings, you might be seeing part of that. Even if you search for something they will also skew the results to show you what they think you want to see. Google “eBay hides listings “ much has been written about it. 

TINS:  I was repairing a computer system and needed a cable connector to join two cables with the same type connector.  No problem, I'll just do an internet search for the part I need.

My search string "gender changer" did not return the results I was expecting.....  :woot.gif:    :woot.gif:    :woot.gif: