[1/48 Hobby Boss] FM-2 Wildcat [29/07/2020 Part 1 & 2 The kit and the cockpit]

Hello all

No sooner had I finished my BF 110 at 1/72 when I launched a new kit, which I thought was simple but which may not be so, the FM-2 Wildcat from hobby boss.

The kit is simple and the number of parts is small, but we still have a nice engine and the possibility of mounting its cradle. The landing gear seems complex to assemble and very fragile.

I started to assemble the cockpit, the seat was full of burrs, and the assemblies of the side consoles, in two parts, did not facilitate the assembly work.

Some pictures of the kit:

IMG-7788.jpg
IMG-7789.jpg
IMG-7790.jpg
IMG-7791.jpg
IMG-7793.jpg
IMG-7792.jpg
IMG-7794.jpg[/quote]

Hello to all,

Big progress today, the cockpit has been painted and assembled, it is a model in the model, just like the nose gear bay which has started to be painted and fitted.

I had a problem with the adjustment between the plate of the train bay and the hole where the wheels pass, I tried to recover that as possible, but it was not easy.

The adjustments of the fuselages seem very hazardous, and moreover, it is in three parts.

Likewise, the cluster-piece tenons are often large and badly placed, which requires a lot of work upstream of assembly. here are some photos

IMG-7795.jpg
IMG-7796.jpg
IMG-7797.jpg
IMG-7798.jpg
IMG-7799.jpg
IMG-7800.jpg
IMG-7801.jpg
IMG-7802.jpg
IMG-7803.jpg