Wolfpak Decals August 2020 Release

Gentlemen,

The delayed first release for 2020 from Wolfpak.  Here’s what it contains:

Sheet 72-134, Banditos.  First up is the F-105D “Frito Bandito” from the 357th TFS at Tahkli AB during 1969.  It is followed by an AC-119G and AC-119K of the 17th SOS and 18th SOS of the 14th SOW.  From Davis-Monthan we have options for one of two A-7D’s.   The first is the wing commander’s jet from 1970 and a line jet from the 354th TFS.  A T-28D-5 in SEA camouflage from the 4407th CCTS of the 1st SOW is our subject.  To round out the sheet one of two options for an early B-52G of the 456h SAW or BW depending on the time period.  One is in the original SIOP scheme and the other in aluminum laquer.  Please not that AGM-28B Hound Dog markings can be found on Wolfpak sheet 72-128.

Sheet 72-135, Diamonds in the Rough.  We begin this sheet with a F-18D from VMFA-242 at Iwakuni AB, Japan in December of 2019.  You may remember a press release from the spring of 2020 showing an aircraft of this unit armed with two AGM-84D Harpoons.  Weapon markings for two (2) of this missile are provided.  Next is a F-4D from the 134th TFS at Vemont.  This unit carried the “Green Mountain Boys” shield in lieu of the “Minuteman Jack” shield of the ANG.  A F/A-18F of VFA-102 from December of 2019 is next.  This aircraft has the globe and snake markings of VFA-102 superimposed over a sunburst.  There are two options for the latest F-35A units at Eielson AFB in Alaska from April of 2020.  From the 1980’s a T-33 from the 95th TFTS at Tyndall AFB.  Finally options to do one of two F-15E’s that were reportedly the first F-15E’s to launch the AGM-158 JASSM in combat.  Markings are provided for both “Checkmate” and “Boogieman. Markings are also provided for two (2) JASSM's along with a spare seeker window since they're so small.

These sheets will be on sale for $18.50 each and should be available in a couple of weeks.

Thanks,

Mark

Wolfpak Decals

9ugAqF9.jpg

ui5SLoE.jpg

Edited by Mark S.
Readability

Mark, you're a Godsend to anyone doing Vermont ANG planes!! You're the reason I was able to do their F-102, F-16C-25 and F-35 plus use your markings to improvise their EB-57.

I'm now wishing I hadn't improvised/cobbled together markings for my VT F-4D a couple of years ago, yours look fantastic.... :doh:

I already see a mistake on the descriptions for the F-15E, the 389th FS, 366 FW are from Mountain Home AFB, Idaho, not Lakenheath, thus the Tailcode 'MO'. The US Flag tail flash on the 

Checkmate is for the Gunfighters Squadron and the markings for the bottom "The Boogeyman' is from the The Thunderbolts.

I typically include the location where the photos were taken hence Lakenheath .  The nickname for the 366th Fighter Wing is "The Gunfighters."  Two of the squadrons assigned to that wing are the "Thunderbolts", 389th  and "Bold tigers", 391st.   There is an additional squadron that I did on an earlier sheet the "Buccaneers, 428th, which at that time flew the Singaporean version of the F-15E.  In this case based on the markings on the intake both jets were assigned to the 389th.  I know it's a bit confusing but it is what it is.  Incidentally "Checkmate" earlier carried sharkmouth markings which are on sheet 72-111.  In lieu of the eagle on the inside of the vertical fins it carries the "Spook" toting a Gatling gun which harkens back to the insignia carried on the 366th's F-4's at Da Nang during the Vietnam war.

1 minute ago, Mark S. said:

I typically include the location where the photos were taken hence Lakenheath .  The nickname for the 366th Fighter Wing is "The Gunfighters."  Two of the squadrons assigned to that wing are the "Thunderbolts", 389th  and "Bold tigers", 391st.   There is an additional squadron that I did on an earlier sheet the "Buccaneers, 428th, which at that time flew the Singaporean version of the F-15E.  In this case based on the markings on the intake both jets were assigned to the 389th.  I know it's a bit confusing but it is what it is.  Incidentally "Checkmate" earlier carried sharkmouth markings which are on sheet 72-111.  In lieu of the eagle on the inside of the vertical fins it carries the "Spook" toting a Gatling gun which harkens back to the insignia carried on the 366th's F-4's at Da Nang during the Vietnam war.

Thanks for the clarification. Yes, I'm aware of the 366 FW history as I live less than an hour from MHAFB. I'm currently building an F-4D with the 'Spook" toting the gatling gun. I have already built an example of both the 389th T-Bolts and 391st Bold Tigers birds and I've got the GWH F-15E and the markings for the 75th Anniversary aircraft. The Singapore F-15SG 'Bucanneers' aircraft recently flew a formation flight with A-10's from the 124th FS at Gowen Field and an F-15E from the 391st to honor the healthcare workers during COVID.

I guess I need to get some pics posted of my builds.

• 1 month later...