To slightly mirror the topic about what plane looks strange with it's landing gear down, How about this? What planes look bad as a two seater, or what plane plane looks better as a family model?

For me I like all twin seaters ...... well except the TF-102, that looks way off.

Edited by Vince Maddux
I'm not telling

I don't know. Unless it was originally designed as a two seater, I find most "training" versions goofy. If you want good looking two seaters than look at the F-14, F-4, Mig-31, Su-34. I will also give points to the F-18B and F.

12 minutes ago, dylan said:

the 2 seat EE lightning just looks off

I agree. Looks like it developed an infection in the nose that swelled up the front end.

I think the 2 Seat version of some aircraft looks pretty cool.  Call me crazy but I like the look of the TF-104, TA-7, TF-8A, N/AW A-10.

I always thought the F/A-18B/D, F/A-18F and the two seat versions of the F-15 and F-16 are better looking too. 

4 hours ago, Dave Williams said:

Now that's just a weird looking plane regardless of how many seats. It looks like in the the front the pilot is saying "I'm taking her down for a landing" and the back of the plane's like "Nah, think I'll hang around up here a bit longer"

The F-106B was good-looking family model.  As was the T-33.  T-38 isn't quite as good-looking, but I've seen them flying around for over fifty years, so I'm used to their visage.  None of the Mustang models look bad because their fuselages weren't modified, though the B/C two-seaters did look odd with all that extra canopy glazing.

Harriers. Very glandular problematic. 

And I know it’s all relative to personal tastes, but TA-4J Skyhawks look right. Like they were designed to be two seaters. Look at them long enough and the single seater appear to be missing something. 

Rick L. 

800px-BAE_Hawk_208_edited.png

Now here is a really bad two seater to single seater , The Hawk 200. couldn't they just take a standard hawk and replace the rear seat with a fuel tank or something?

Edited by Vince Maddux
On 7/30/2020 at 4:50 PM, niart17 said:

Someone say 2 seater? mehhh, child's play...EA-6B baby! Why have 2, when you can have 4 and bring all your buds along?!. And in my opinion it looks better as a 4 seater than a 2 seater. 

Bill

Agree!  I dig the prowler, fighting my way through the kinetic kit now...

On ‎7‎/‎29‎/‎2020 at 11:02 PM, Teeradej said:

MiG-25UB

SR-71 Trainer

TU-2

1024px-Russian_Air_Force_Mikoyan-Gurevic

SR-71B_NASA_in_flight_1991.jpg

131203-F-CY182-240.JPG

I think all of these look cool...especially the Foxbat.  Looks like a Star Wars ship or something, R2D2 in the back seat!

What about this one?  Technically a 3 seater, not sure if that counts

11+Tu-128.jpg

5 hours ago, variable said:

I think all of these look cool...especially the Foxbat.  Looks like a Star Wars ship or something, R2D2 in the back seat!

What about this one?  Technically a 3 seater, not sure if that counts

11+Tu-128.jpg

Like mutated growths on their backs. Some alien parasite. Ew!