Aggressor Mission to the Reserves

5 hours ago, habu2 said:

Wondering the same, it sounds like just a name change and a shuffle of the chain of command?

From a modeling standpoint, will markings or tailcodes change

I don't  think much will change. The 64th has a WA tail code, as does the 706th. The 706th in already part of the 926th Wing so other than the aircraft being flown by reservists, I don't think it will change much. Maybe you will see the AFRC crest on the planes but that may be it.

Sean

Currently the planes are active duty owned, and shared with the Reserve and Active Squadrons.  The Reserves will take over the planes, so they might get a tail code change.

AFRC emblem for sure.

Edited by Da SWO
spelling

At a minimum, I’d expect you’ll see some minor markings changes.  AFRC on the jet, AFRC patch on the tail, possibly a tail code change, depending on when the iron swaps over and the associated flying hour program switches streams.

It’s possible you might see some other changes, but purely speculative at this point.

Operationally?  You won’t see much change.  The preponderance of pilots will switch from being active-duty to being Reservists.  This is a double benefit, as it allows the Aggressirs to hold onto experienced aviators and maintainers a lot longer, ensuring consistency and continuity of the mission.  It also allows active duty to keep more pilots in front line, combat assignments instead of burning three years of their career as a training aid.

There’s some other organizational efficiencies, but most of them are transparent to outsiders.  

This will also free up more active duty manpower for the Fifth-GenAggressor mission, which will fall under the 65th AGRS.

Interesting that the 64AS will transition to the 926WG. I see this as a means of retaining forces rather than loosing them to the ever increasing civilian aggressor companies. As already stated, it will be much more atractive to be able to stay in one place for the duration of your service rather than move around like today. And the USN and USMC have succeeded with this for years already.