Rumors of B-26K Counter Invader?

For the 1/32 kit, it would cost a lot of money to make a decent Invader, period, and on top of that add the considerable cost of a K conversion.

I’m skeptical that ICM would release it as a kit since, in 4 releases, they can’t even manage to delete the bottom turret.

6 minutes ago, Dave Williams said:

For the 1/32 kit, it would cost a lot of money to make a decent Invader, period, and on top of that add the considerable cost of a K conversion.

I’m skeptical that ICM would release it as a kit since, in 4 releases, they can’t even manage to delete the bottom turret.

wow..didn't realise it was in every kit. Would have assumed at least one or tow had the option to delete it. Seems like no-one has managed to make a decent looking Invader.

sean

20 hours ago, Dave Williams said:

Thanks Dave. I have yet to read any reviews on either one, I'm sure they're out there...just been busy.

21 hours ago, martin_sam_2000 said:

I thought I heard ICM were planning an A-26K, but I can't find any reference to it anymore. Would be amazing if they did!! I have the old Monogram A-26B and C and would love a K to along.

Sean

I'm with you on that. Having a 1/48 26K that is factory fresh rather than conversion would be nice. Even nicer still would be a 1/32 build of the Counter Invader. That would attract some attention at any show.

On 8/1/2020 at 2:43 PM, Dave Williams said:

the most recent Korean War C model has the turretless bottom.  I just got mine today and checked.  There are actually TWO blanking parts, they are on the HVAR sprues.

ICM was just asking on Facebook what future kits people would like.  B-26K got many many many requests.  Here’s to hoping.

I asked for a JD-1 boxing

Edited by Corey
1 hour ago, Corey said:

the most recent Korean War C model has the turretless bottom.  I just got mine today and checked.  There are actually TWO blanking parts, they are on the HVAR sprues.

ICM was just asking on Facebook what future kits people would like.  B-26K got many many many requests.  Here’s to hoping.

I asked for a JD-1 boxing

Yeah, I noticed that yesterday when I saw the sprues at Scalehobbyist.  I’m glad they include two, as that means the extra can go to fix the B-50 kit.  Now, if they had only included the slotted turret cover too.

17 minutes ago, Dave Williams said:

Yeah, I noticed that yesterday when I saw the sprues at Scalehobbyist.  I’m glad they include two, as that means the extra can go to fix the B-50 kit.  Now, if they had only included the slotted turret cover too.

I made some slotted turrets and sent them to my friend Eric at Updraft models to cast in resin for me.  I told him he can add them to his catalog if he likes.  We’ll see.

• 2 weeks later...

I see that Quickboost has released a turret, but unfortunately it’s the same B-29 wedge style as the kit.  Missed opportunity for QB, I think.

It’s interesting that the lower turret cover plate is marked not for use in this kit, which makes me wonder what kit they made it for?  It’s on the sprue with the rockets, but the rockets wouldn’t be for the K since it used a number of underwing pylons.  Maybe they just added it for use if you wanted to?

7 minutes ago, Dave Williams said:

I see that Quickboost has released a turret, but unfortunately it’s the same B-29 wedge style as the kit.  Missed opportunity for QB, I think.

It’s interesting that the lower turret cover plate is marked not for use in this kit, which makes me wonder what kit they made it for?  It’s on the sprue with the rockets, but the rockets wouldn’t be for the K since it used a number of underwing pylons.  Maybe they just added it for use if you wanted to?

I emailed Quickboost suggesting they do a slotted turret.  I included lots of photos.  Maybe you could email them too?  Maybe lots of feedback requesting these might prompt them?

the link is on this page:

http://www.quickboost.net/catalogue.htm

• 3 weeks later...

Paragon made a A-26K conversion for the Mongram kit that is long OOP. I had one at one time but can’t recall what the quality or accuracy of the conversion.   Hoping to see someone do a kit someday. 

Edited by okthree
9 hours ago, okthree said:

Paragon made a A-26K conversion for the Mongram kit that is long OOP. I had one at one time but can’t recall what the quality or accuracy of the conversion.   Hoping to see someone do a kit someday. 

I had that conversion as well. I was working on the Monogram kit and had it partially installed when I hit a wall and just couldnt build for about 3 years. I gave it to my buddy to finish, I don't know if he ever did. As a matter of fact, maybe I should check in with him he may have it still today.

34 minutes ago, Drifterdon said:

Cutting Edge also did a pretty comprehensive conversion set for the B-26K.   It's gotten pretty rare these days and commands a hefty price tag if you can find one.   Review here.  https://modelingmadness.com/others/detailsets/mesnerce48039.htm

Wouldn't do me any good. I was on the "Blacklist".