Airfix Battle of Britain Series?

Hey All,

Wondering what anyone can tell me about the recent Airfix Battle of Britain series models, in 1/48 scale.  Is Airfix just trying to cash in on the Battle of Britain anniversary, but without doing anything different or better?  I just saw in the new FineScale Modeler that they have a Hurricane Mk 1 out in that series, but the MSRP seems awfully steep ($60.50).  I just recently completed an AIrfix 1/48 Hurricane Mk 1, the Tropical boxing, and I thought it was a very nice model, but I already have a bunch of aftermarket 1/48 Battle of Britain decals, plus another Airfix Tropical Hurricane (which can be built as the non-Tropical version) and that was the Hurricane I am planning to do as a BoB airplane.   Am I missing anything in the BoB Series?  It appears Airfix is doing a number of planes, both Brit and German in this series, but just wondering if there is anything more to these kits than just the nice box art and decals.

3 hours ago, barkin mad said:

No, there's nothing extra in the box. Just standard kits with new decals.

----------------------

Thanks for the info.