Clear gloss not looking as smooth and glossy

Hi, I applied microscale Industries micro coat gloss to my main body of F/A-18E Hornet for decals using my Paasche H. I noticed it isn’t as smooth as I would think it would be. I don’t see visible issues. I’m a novice airbrushing, so I really may be completely being paranoid and wrong.

Also, it doesn’t seem as glossy as I would think it would be. I applied several light coats so I know I covered the dang thing. It probably should be worth noting that I brush painted the paint on. Then airbrushed the gloss coat. I don’t know if that would be a factor. Having trouble posting pics of my model.

I’m planning on giving it a flat coat after the decals. So I’m not going for a gloss finish. I just want my decals to not silver.

Has anyone had this experience before? 

14 hours ago, Historybuff said:

Hi, I applied microscale Industries micro coat gloss to my main body of F/A-18E Hornet for decals using my Paasche H. I noticed it isn’t as smooth as I would think it would be. I don’t see visible issues. I’m a novice airbrushing, so I really may be completely being paranoid and wrong.

Also, it doesn’t seem as glossy as I would think it would be. I applied several light coats so I know I covered the dang thing. It probably should be worth noting that I brush painted the paint on. Then airbrushed the gloss coat. I don’t know if that would be a factor. Having trouble posting pics of my model.

I’m planning on giving it a flat coat after the decals. So I’m not going for a gloss finish. I just want my decals to not silver.

Has anyone had this experience before? 

Too low of PSI can give you matt finish. Dai 

@dai phan, thank you for your information. It appears this may have been the case. I thought I was spraying at a good psi (30) for the needle I was using. Turns out I underestimated the size of the needle. I was using a needle that was a little over 1mm in diameter. I used a bit smaller needle and got much better results. Thank you again!