• 2 weeks later...

Wow, some very interesting information there! I’m very surprised that they re-tooled so many part / runners! Like the wing for instance. Really would have thought they’d use the J wing for this release.

I’ll get the kit as soon as possible to see where the differences are (or not).

I see a three- position insert option for the stabilators as standard, without the need for cutting.

Did the canopy shape change as well? We will find out...

Thanks for posting the pictures and translating the newsletter into English.

I'm curious too about the clear parts - it's an all new sprue, but I can't tell from the pictures if the canopy and windscreen have been accurized per Wings of Pegasus research.

I'm also curious if the longer "Midas" gun muzzle is an option in this first release - hard to discern from the sprue shots.

It's good to see that ZM have included both the original and the later "F-15 style" centerline fuel tank.

So far I'm impressed. I'm adding this kit to my wish list.

Rich

Edited by RichB63

Looks like the EJ Kai is next up. That's the one I'd like to get. I would have preferred some of the early experimental color schemes in lieu of a retirement scheme.

1 hour ago, RichB63 said:

I'm curious too about the clear parts - it's an all new sprue, but I can't tell from the pictures if the canopy and windscreen have been accurized per Wings of Pegasus research.

Since the sprue with the internal canopy insert pieces is one of the three that is the same as on the short nose Phantoms they can't have changed the cross section by much.

I will investigate come next weekend 🙂

2 hours ago, JeffreyK said:

Since the sprue with the internal canopy insert pieces is one of the three that is the same as on the short nose Phantoms they can't have changed the cross section by much.

I will investigate come next weekend 🙂

Yes we expect you to queue at the Osaka Volks store to grab one example of the kit :banana:

And if the Midas gun muzzle is not included...you know what to do...:thumbsup2:

7 hours ago, JeffreyK said:

I’ll get the kit as soon as possible ... .

I am envious that "You Are There" and look forward to your review(s).

What's the shipping out of Japan to the US at present if these kits are ordered from Japan? I'm a little hesitant to order from there right now, so hope Sprue Brothers gets a good "early" stock (like they did for the Meng Fokker).

Your new Hypersonic centerline and outboard Weapons Pylons will be valued accessories!!

Gene K

3 minutes ago, GeneK said:

I am envious that "You Are There" and look forward to your review(s).

What's the shipping out of Japan to the US at present if these kits are ordered from Japan? I'm a little hesitant to order from there right now, so hope Sprue Brothers gets a good "early" stock (like they did for the Meng Fokker).

Your new Hypersonic centerline and outboard Weapons Pylons will be valued accessories!!

Gene K

I don't know how ZM handle individual shipments. If they have a deal with FedEx or someone like that they may be able to ship as normal. If they ship with Japan Post like me it's nada.... As there is Volks USA though I'm pretty sure they have sent a ship full of F-4E's on the way already and probably to SB as well.

The new kit seems to have outboard pylons this time, not sure about the centreline. All will be revealed in due course!

Cheers!

J

So is the Zoukei Mura F-4 Phantom now the "Gold Standard" when we talk of F-4, displacing the Hasegawa forever?

I heard there were issues on the aft section of  their kits, have they  totally corrected them in this upcoming rendering or anywhere along their production line?

Edited by flybywire
45 minutes ago, adamitri said:

So all you would have to do to make a late model "E" is to use the "J" wings and fix the gun muzzle ?

No, you'll also need slatted wings. The S wings would be similar, but the slats on that version were different from those on the E/F/G. With the exception of the catapult hook slots, the J wings are almost identical to the F-4C/D/EJ and early E wings.

Ben

22 hours ago, JeffreyK said:

... Volks USA though I'm pretty sure they have sent a ship full of F-4E's on the way already and probably to SB as well.

The F-4E just popped up on the Volks USA site with a pre-order price of $75 and this VolksUS release info:

• Pre-Order Deadline: September 18, 2020 @4:00PM (PT)
  • Release Date: September 25, 2020
  • Delivery Date: Sequentially delivered starting end of September, 2020 [/unquote]

Gene K

Edited by GeneK
18 hours ago, flybywire said:

So is the Zoukei Mura F-4 Phantom now the "Gold Standard" when we talk of F-4, displacing the Hasegawa forever?

I heard there were issues on the aft section of  their kits, have they  totally corrected them in this upcoming rendering or anywhere along their production line?

The rear fuselage issue has been addressed and the example at SMW last year looked pretty good.

On 8/21/2020 at 7:01 AM, Mstor said:

Looks like the EJ Kai is next up. That's the one I'd like to get. I would have preferred some of the early experimental color schemes in lieu of a retirement scheme.

Agree there Mstor,

Some less mainstream schemes would be nice.

On 8/21/2020 at 12:26 AM, JeffreyK said:

Wow, some very interesting information there! I’m very surprised that they re-tooled so many part / runners! Like the wing for instance. Really would have thought they’d use the J wing for this release.

I’ll get the kit as soon as possible to see where the differences are (or not).

I see a three- position insert option for the stabilators as standard, without the need for cutting.

Did the canopy shape change as well? We will find out...

Jeffrey, what are your thoughts on the rear area of the fuselage? It looks like they did correct it?

Edit...I guess it helps to read the entire thread....answer found.

Edited by Mr Matt Foley