Thanks, Rich

Ben said:

[quote]   Must. Resist. Must... not... buy... more... Phantoms.... 😄  [/quote]

Look into my eyes ... you are getting sleepy .... repeat after me, " Must ... buy ... more ... Phantoms". 

UNHhOu3.gif

Gene K

Edited by GeneK

I just ordered up a sheet of Werner's Wings: Capt. Steve Richie and friends. I'm assuming the F-4E he and Chuck DeBellevue flew were/was early F-4E's. Can anyone confirm that? The sheets are for Monogram/Promodeler (says late slat for wings). If not, I'll save them for a later release from ZM.

1 hour ago, juanchopancho said:

Got my 2x pre-orders from SB.

The '72 MiG killers all early F-4E or a mix?

Most F-4Es that served in SEA were early “hard wing” aircraft. A few slat equipped  birds made it to theatre late in the war (1973-74) after the last F-4E “kill.”

However, many F-4Es that fought, including MiG killers, had the newer Midas 4 gun blast diffuser, the latter apparently not included in this first boxing by ZM.

Rich

Edited by RichB63
32 minutes ago, RichB63 said:

Most F-4Es that served in SEA were early “hard wing” aircraft. A few slat equipped  birds made it to theatre late in the war (1973-74) after the last F-4E “kill.”

However, many F-4Es that fought, including MiG killers, had the newer Midas 4 gun blast diffuser, the latter apparently not included in this first boxing by ZM.

Rich

There’s a report on HS from someone who has the kit that both gun muzzles are in the box.

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/hyperscale/take-a-look-at-the-zoukei-mura-f-4e-rear-fuselage-t518389.html#p2749614

11 hours ago, GeneK said:

Thanks, Rich

Ben said:

[quote]   Must. Resist. Must... not... buy... more... Phantoms.... 😄  [/quote]

Look into my eyes ... you are getting sleepy .... repeat after me, " Must ... buy ... more ... Phantoms". 

UNHhOu3.gif

Gene K

🤣

On 9/22/2020 at 6:33 PM, Dave Williams said:

There’s a report on HS from someone who has the kit that both gun muzzles are in the box.

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/hyperscale/take-a-look-at-the-zoukei-mura-f-4e-rear-fuselage-t518389.html#p2749614

10 hours ago, dehowie said:

Yea both muzzles are in the kit.

Parts M33/34 are the late parts.

Single piece for the early muzzle split for the late.

Good news!

56 minutes ago, Falconxlvi said:

I fought the urge for long as possible....and preordered mine from Sprue Brothets tonight 😂🤷‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️👌🏻

Steve

Hey, Steve, how do you understand the SprueBrothers status on the F-4E, which says it's for pre-order only, but also says 'In Stock'.  Which is it, do you know?

Just now, Curt B said:

Hey, Steve, how do you understand the SprueBrothers status on the F-4E, which says it's for pre-order only, but also says 'In Stock'.  Which is it, do you know?

They are supposed to arrive tomorrow based on the note Sprue Brothers posted on the “what’s new” page- so, technically a preorder for a few more hours ☺️

1 minute ago, Falconxlvi said:

They are supposed to arrive tomorrow based on the note Sprue Brothers posted on the “what’s new” page- so, technically a preorder for a few more hours ☺️

Ah, cool, thanks.

7 hours ago, Curt B said:

I suspect that the “in stock” is there just for their shopping cart system to process an order because it won’t allow anyone to order something that isn’t in stock.  That’s why there is a large explanation on the item page that it is a pre-order only.

Thanks for the info Rich.

I imagine most of the Israeli F-4Es used in 1973 Yom Kippur were the early F-4Es? So this kit should work?

Any parts in this kit for TISEO sensor? Eh nvm Jeffrey already mentioned on 2nd page no for TISEO parts.

Edited by juanchopancho
2 hours ago, Dave Williams said:

I suspect that the “in stock” is there just for their shopping cart system to process an order because it won’t allow anyone to order something that isn’t in stock.  That’s why there is a large explanation on the item page that it is a pre-order only.

I'm hoping to see my order by the end of next week.

Hey All,

Not being a particularly knowledgeable F-4 guy, what are the differences between an early and late production F-4E?  I surmise that the late production F-4E is on the way from ZM, yes?

10 minutes ago, Curt B said:

Hey All,

Not being a particularly knowledgeable F-4 guy, what are the differences between an early and late production F-4E?  I surmise that the late production F-4E is on the way from ZM, yes?

Curt there is a ton of info in this ARC thread alone. Read through it and if you can't find it here, there are others. Plenty of Phantom Pholloers here that might also give a hand with some links too.

I know I'm not helping you here much, but this aircraft has such a fan following that you'll probably find more info out there (easy too) than any other US Jet Fighter.

12 minutes ago, Mr Matt Foley said:

Curt there is a ton of info in this ARC thread alone. Read through it and if you can't find it here, there are others. Plenty of Phantom Pholloers here that might also give a hand with some links too.

I know I'm not helping you here much, but this aircraft has such a fan following that you'll probably find more info out there (easy too) than any other US Jet Fighter.

Thanks, Matt.  I guess I was just being lazy.  I'll certainly do my own research. 

1 hour ago, Curt B said:

Hey All,

It isn’t so much “production” as it is configuration.  While changes were made on the production line, in many case the changes were also the retrofitted to earlier F-4s that were built without the features.  When modelers talk about “early” F-4s, they usually mean ones with the short gun muzzle and hard wings.  “Late” F-4 are usually thought of as those with the longer Midas 4 gun muzzle and slatted wings.  Mostly it’s the wing change as the differentiator as the newer gun muzzles started coming out before the slatted wings appeared in production.