Well, I tend to like 'dirtier' looking wings, even if the 'dirt' is retracted, so Like Ben Brown, I think I'm going to wait and watch for the the lat(er) version of the 4E.  I hope it won't be too long of a wait.

On 9/26/2020 at 3:41 PM, Ben Brown said:

I already have a bunch of Hasegawa F-4Es, including the hard wing version. They can be built into good looking replicas with some aftermarket bits, but they’re showing their age.

That's exactly why you need the ZM Hard Wing, Ben -- no aftermarket needed, the fit is perfect, the intakes are beautifully engineered ... as is the rest of the kit.

Time is limited, life is not a dress rehearsal, etc, etc, etc, so consider spending the time available on the best available.

Gene K

P.S. My kit from Sprue Brothers arrived this morning here in Florida -- speedy service, as usual!

So my kit arrived tonight and I’ve been pouring over the sprues and instructions.  This is my first ever ZM kit and I am really impressed with everything in the box.   I like the history, notes, and F-4 facts sprinkled in throughout the instruction steps.  I pulled out my Academy F-4C just to compare some of the refinement between the two kits.  ZM wins hands down and the price reflects that I suppose.  Anyways, well done Zoukei Mura!

Steve

9 hours ago, GeneK said:

That's exactly why you need the ZM Hard Wing, Ben -- no aftermarket needed, the fit is perfect, the intakes are beautifully engineered ... as is the rest of the kit.

Time is limited, life is not a dress rehearsal, etc, etc, etc, so consider spending the time available on the best available.

Gene K

P.S. My kit from Sprue Brothers arrived this morning here in Florida -- speedy service, as usual!

True! I've lately been building with as little aftermarket as possible, usually just seats and decals, just to save getting bogged-down on a project. I'm going to get at least one of the slatted F-4Es. I have the J, and the only aftermarket it really needs is Hypersonic's canopy detail set, although I'm also going to use his fuselage correction, decals, and some resin seats.  

Ben

59 minutes ago, Da SWO said:

Other then wing slats, what would a late F-4E have?

All dependent on the airframe, but TISEO on the port wing. ARN-101 hump. C/F dispenser on the inbd pylons although that was not "E" specific but just as a matter of what time your depicting. I'm sure theres some other things..

Just received mine this afternoon, I must have missed the initial send off on Friday given others received their kits yesterday. Anyway, all I can say is "Wow". This is my first ZM Kit and although I wanted one before, I have too many in the stash to justify it. I will build this guy. And I'll purchase the other long nose variants. These truly are exceptional kits.

1 hour ago, Mr Matt Foley said:

Just received mine this afternoon, I must have missed the initial send off on Friday given others received their kits yesterday. Anyway, all I can say is "Wow". This is my first ZM Kit and although I wanted one before, I have too many in the stash to justify it. I will build this guy. And I'll purchase the other long nose variants. These truly are exceptional kits.

I had the same reaction!  Very impressive kit 👍🏻👍🏻

12 minutes ago, Tapchan said:

Exhaust nozzles included in previous releases were kinda ugly and thick, definitely worst part of the kit.

Well ... since I wasn't as disappointed as some with the previous long nozzles, I'm can't comment as concerns whether or not AM is required. However, I just compared the ZM F-4S and F-4J nozzles to the F-4E, and the F-4E nozzles do have thinner pedals as well as finer interior detail.  I think that fact was mentioned in some of the ZM material.

Gene K

2 hours ago, jenshb said:

Would the warning lights really light up like that on a parked jet with power off?

Then powered up and do some Indication light test.

Edited by Teeradej
On 10/3/2020 at 9:04 PM, aircommando130 said:

Got my E model on Thursday! Very nice kit. Will have to get "another one" and build it as a Thunderbird F-4E!

Cheers...Ron

I happen to know somebody who’s selling a set of CAM T-Birds decals....  😉

Link

Ben