22 minutes ago, RichB63 said:

“Old Man Blog” update with details about the next release in the Phantom series...click here

That would be a nice few bonus items if one were inclined to want the Japanese version of the F-4E...wish I were one of those folks, alas, I am not.  I think I'll still wait for the later F-4E with the extended gun and slats.  

• 2 weeks later...

After watching the blog post, I’m getting it. I’ve built 3 Js, a C and a D. I have the S and one each of another C and the last J in Ghoastriders markings. My first E is 2/3 finished and it is a gem. I’ve experienced better fit but am cross eyed after doing all those stencils! I’ve got to do a TBird next.

• 1 year later...

I too am disappointed that they seem to have skipped the slatted version of the F-4E, but I'm sure they will release it eventually. For those who don't want to wait, Hypersonic has a slat wing conversion for Z-M's early F-4E kit. It even includes parts for the ARN-101 system.

Ben

On 9/26/2020 at 8:00 AM, F4DPhantomII said:

Still for an answer to Steve Ritchies F-4E MiG killer 362. Short or Midas gun muzzle.

Not sure if you ever got an answer but it was a long Midas gun muzzle.   Don't recall where I got these pics but had them saved on my hard drive.

817646383_Udorn205620copy-X3.thumb.jpg.ec2d300c4fa0335defbf3363ffe03167.jpg1121231225_Udorn201720copy-X3.thumb.jpg.2d66c1df9e993b71475438e82cb87744.jpg

I haven't read this entire thread, so maybe my question is already answered, but I thought it was great that ZM came out with the F-4E, however, i decided I wanted to wait for the F-4E late version, with the slatted wings.  Has there been any intimation about when that version might be available?  Of course, another potential, now that Tamiya has their F-4B out, is that Tamiya may come out with an F-4E also.  I have the Tamiya F-4B, and a ZM F-4C and F-4S, none of which have I built yet, so I've got a lot of F-4 love around, and I"m not in any hurry to get another one.  I"ve got the time to see if Tamiya is actually going to make more F-4 variants.  Both ZM and Tamiya F-4s get great reviews, either one would be fine, though I'd lean towards a Tamiya version if given a choice.

19 hours ago, Mr Matt Foley said:

I could have sworn I heard that there will be a late slatted in the F-4E. They also said an F-4F as well as the F-4G. I'm waiting for each of those as well as their 1/32 P-51B/C.

From a ZM website Old Man Blog posting in late 2020, shortly after the release of their “Early” F-4E…

IAO2FGn.jpg

A late F-4E is most certainly in the queue, as this will no doubt prove most popular - “save the best for last” marketing principles at work here. The parallel development of their large scale German fighters has probably slowed down the Phantom release schedule somewhat. Note that the Golf model is more than six months behind schedule, although its release appears imminent now.

In the meantime, as others have pointed out, the excellent Hypersonic Models resin conversion set is available right now to fill the gap.

Edited by RichB63