Will Aires parts designed for the KH F-101 fit in the RF-101?

I’ve heard these the recent RF-101C kit doesn’t have much in common (a kit redesign) with the earlier F-101A/C.  

Has anyone tried shoving the tub and/or wheel wells for the A/C into the RF?

thanks,

Chris 

Edited by swimmer25k

I have built both the Kitty Hawk 1/48th F-101A/C and the RF-101A/C Voodoos and from memory the only real difference between the two kits is the nose section forward of the cockpit tub and the nose wheel well. KH might have redesigned the kits since (I purchased both kits when they were initially released) but the two that I built seemed identical in these areas. I did not use the Aires parts so I am unable to comment on those. I do also recall that getting the fit right between the cockpit, the nose wheel well and the component nose area parts can be quite an intricate operation and it is very easy to get it wrong, least that was my experience, and I ended up with a sizeable gap on one side of the nose/main fuselage join on my recce Voodoo. Good luck, the finished model looks pretty impressive 👍  Michael

From what I've seen of most KH kits with different versions, they only change the bare minimum of parts necessary. That said, since it is the nose area that is different it might effect the cockpit tub fit, but I doubt there would be any change in the wheel wells between the two.