1/72 'Vietnam Aces' - F-4C & D Phantom II by Hobby 2000 (Hasegawa rebox) released

Great, thanks caughtinthemiddle!

Hard to find much info about Hobby 2000,  and who will be/is selling these kits, in particular in the US since world-wide postal service is so disrupted at present.  In Europe, Hannants is a source and it appears Poland has a distributor, with Hobby 2000 kits being available at Arma Hobby.  In Japan, HobbyLink Japan carries Hobby 2000 kits, so assume they will also have the Phantoms ... as will Hobby Search. 

I was interested in the Hobby 2000 ex-Fujimi Skyhawks, but couldn't find them in the US. I can get one from HLJ, but would have to pay premium shipping costing nearly as much as the kit.

Gene K

1 hour ago, GeneK said:

Great, thanks caughtinthemiddle!

Hard to find much info about Hobby 2000,  and who will be/is selling these kits, in particular in the US since world-wide postal service is so disrupted at present.  In Europe, Hannants is a source and it appears Poland has a distributor, with Hobby 2000 kits being available at Arma Hobby.  In Japan, HobbyLink Japan carries Hobby 2000 kits, so assume they will also have the Phantoms ... as will Hobby Search. 

I was interested in the Hobby 2000 ex-Fujimi Skyhawks, but couldn't find them in the US. I can get one from HLJ, but would have to pay premium shipping costing nearly as much as the kit.

Gene K

Gene -

They're currently out of stock on Skyhawks (as well as Avengers and Dauntlesses, among others) but KitLinx, based in Utah, seems to be a US distributor for the Hobby 2000 reboxes.

https://www.kitlinx.com/cgi/search.cgi?terms2=_Hobby_2000_

It's great to see some of these subjects back in production. You would hope maybe Hasegawa and Fujimi will catch on....

4 hours ago, Quixote74 said:

It's great to see some of these subjects back in production. You would hope maybe Hasegawa and Fujimi will catch on....

Both the Hasegawa F-4C/D and Fujimi Skyhawks are, obviously, sought after kits, so Hobby 2000 did the market work that the manufacturers ignored. Hope Hobby 2000 will be/is being rewarded with good sales (appreciating that Hasegawa and Fujimi are also benefiting). Given that Hobby 2000 kits include Cartograf decals and extras like masks, they appear to be a better value than the source manufacturers.

Thanks for the Kitlinx link.  According to the site, the owner, Loic, reemerged with it after selling Great Models to Sprue Brothers. Great Models was , well..., great (!!!), but I haven't tried Kitlinx. Kitlinx appears to more of a "supply redirector" than a distributor, given their "In Stock" versus "Available"  listings. I'll keep checking the site for the Phantoms and Skyhawks .

Gene K

Edited by GeneK

Hobby 2000 is a Polish wholesaler of modelling products, which took advantage of being a distributor of such brands as Hasegawa and Fujimi, and started reboxing their products under own brand. I'm not 100% sure, but I believe they don't have official US distribution so far. Their products are mainly available in various European shops, and the likes of Hannants should have the Phantoms available soon. As for the Skyhawks, I don't have good news for you now - the two boxings released earlier this year have sold out completely, so unless some shop still has a stock of them, they won't available at least for a while.

looking forward to "E" version re-release again after a long time, otherwise some of hasegawa phantoms especially "E" version are sold on ebay with huge prices !!!  Kit mafia )))

Edited by sniper
6 hours ago, barkin mad said:

I think Italeri are due to issue the Fujimi TA-4 at some point in the future.

-----------------

Any source for this info? Italeri recently reissued Fujimi's SH-3 kit, but they went with the former ESCI mold for the A-4F in their 2020 Top Gun boxed set.

13 hours ago, Quixote74 said:

Any source for this info? Italeri recently reissued Fujimi's SH-3 kit, but they went with the former ESCI mold for the A-4F in their 2020 Top Gun boxed set.

AFAIK Esci never issued a 2 seater & I think Italeri have reboxed the Fujimi OA-4M before.

----------------------

2 hours ago, barkin mad said:

AFAIK Esci never issued a 2 seater & I think Italeri have reboxed the Fujimi OA-4M before.

----------------------

Again, can you please share your source for these comments?

You're correct that ESCI never did a two-seat Skyhawk, but Italeri's OA-4M is their own tooling, also issued in a Testors boxing.   Similar quality to their A-4M/"F" (raised panel lines, decent detail, dubious accuracy of shapes, mediocre fit).

If the announcement was for a TA-4 (vs. OA-4M), then either Italeri may have a new/modified tooling, or they're reboxing someone else's kit (Fujimi being most likely).  If there's an Italeri OA-4M forthcoming, I'm sure it will be a reissue of their own version rather than paying for Fujimi's better plastic. 

I'm super excited about the F-4C/D. Hasegawa C/D's are quite hard to find. And quite easy to convert to F-4J's. Lots of options. Hope this kit sells well so Hobby2000 can give us some more rare to find kits.

It seems some nice Fujimi kits are being released by Italeri. Remember that Fujimi Spey Phantom? Now that was some great news. Lots of hope for the TA-4 too. Also, the earlier F-4C/D/J boxing was from Esci. So I guess Italeri sourced the sprues from Fujimi on kits they don't yet have in their line. So no Fujimi F-35B from Italeri, 😉 oh what a shame 😉  

Also, Hobby2000's Skyhawks seem to be both the A-4M and the OA-4M. I recall having both clear part sprues in the bag and both nose inserts. Don't have the kit right now so I can't check.

7 hours ago, Thadeus said:

Remember that Fujimi Spey Phantom? Now that was some great news.

Can still be found :

https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10341050

To be honest, when it comes to British Phantoms, I'd take the Fujimi one over the Airfix one anyday. Airfix has nice features but a bit too over-engineered for me. Also the Fujimi panel lines have a finesse that Airfix lacks ( Airfix ones are slightly too deep for my liking).

Sorry off topic. Back to F-4C/Ds. 

4 hours ago, JackMan said:

Can still be found :

https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10341050

To be honest, when it comes to British Phantoms, I'd take the Fujimi one over the Airfix one anyday. Airfix has nice features but a bit too over-engineered for me. Also the Fujimi panel lines have a finesse that Airfix lacks ( Airfix ones are slightly too deep for my liking).

Sorry off topic. Back to F-4C/Ds. 

Sorry to continue the OT, but it's still Phantoms in somebody else boxes, right? What I meant was a Fujimi Phantom reboxed by Italeri - https://www.mojehobby.pl/products/F-4M-Phantom-FG.1.html?start_p=1#section_similar

15 hours ago, Thadeus said:

Sorry to continue the OT, but it's still Phantoms in somebody else boxes, right? What I meant was a Fujimi Phantom reboxed by Italeri - https://www.mojehobby.pl/products/F-4M-Phantom-FG.1.html?start_p=1#section_similar

I didn't know Italeri reboxed Fujimi's kit. Never seen this boxing before. But the parts break-down do look very similar.

33 minutes ago, JackMan said:

I didn't know Italeri reboxed Fujimi's kit. Never seen this boxing before. But the parts break-down do look very similar.

Testors also reboxed the Fujimi A-7 in 72nd and their F-14 in 48th.

Academy also reboxed Fujimi kits.

I just received my D kits. Ordered two of them since I was specifically after the D sensor housing. I guess that was not necesarty, since the D kit comes with the  sprues for both the C and the D. I guess it is the same for the C kit. Decals are for Terrible Tyke a black bellied Phantom and for famous tail 463 with the five stars arranged as to show the jet as it appeared the day after Ritchie got his 5th and DeBellevue his 4th kill and it was presented to the press. Paint masks for the wheels and clear parts are also included.

Regards

Michael

Where did you get them from? What’s the cost? Thanks.

20 hours ago, SCOUT712 said:

I just received my D kits. Ordered two of them since I was specifically after the D sensor housing. I guess that was not necesarty, since the D kit comes with the  sprues for both the C and the D. I guess it is the same for the C kit. Decals are for Terrible Tyke a black bellied Phantom and for famous tail 463 with the five stars arranged as to show the jet as it appeared the day after Ritchie got his 5th and DeBellevue his 4th kill and it was presented to the press. Paint masks for the wheels and clear parts are also included.

Regards

Michael

w

On 8/10/2020 at 4:54 AM, barkin mad said:

----------------------

No Italeri boxed Italeri OA-4M different kits