"The world's largest floatplane that looks like remarkably like Howard Hughes' Spruce Goose"

"Looks remarkably like"?
Say what?
No.

It doesn't.
Other than a 'form follows function' style of general resemblance.

and then there's the thing where they've got, like, two likes, in the title.

The world's largest floatplane that looks like remarkably like Howard Hughes' Spruce Goose just completed its first sea trial in China – take a look

Thomas Pallini

8 hours ago

https://www.businessinsider.com/worlds-largest-floatplane-takes-first-flight-in-china-spruce-goose-2020-8

(by the headline's logic an Airbus 380 looks remarkably like a Convair 880, and even their names are remarkably similar)

Edited by southwestforests

AHHH..modern reporting. It never ceased to amaze me how wrong reporting on aviation can be sometimes. I love the article about APU's "why airplanes have a secret engine n the tail". Great times. actually that was also business insider. They just don't get it I guess.

Sean

1 hour ago, martin_sam_2000 said:

AHHH..modern reporting.

That brings up a thing from a TV station in Kansas City, Missouri, when I lived there a couple decades back.

One of the local evening news broadcasts was talking about a Sukhoi jet which crashed at an airshow while at the same time showing the wreckage, and radial engine, and propellor, of the Sukhoi 26 which had crashed.

How do they, how can they, get that so exceedingly in-your-face-wrong?!?!?

SMH.

p.s. At this point on the calendar I don't remember whether the bubble headed bleach blonde told about the plane crash with a gleam in her eye.

Edited by southwestforests