Interesting Chinook

Oh, let's see ...

The way out of left field side of my imagination says it's an area denial weapon.

The less far out in left field side of my imagination says if they are doing this in daylight then it is a distraction from what actually is being tested, but since they are doing it in daylight that's what opposition intelligence would expect it to be, but anybody friend of foe of any skill in any intel outfit would see through that real quick, so what would be the point of wasting resources on doing the deception, therefore it must be the real deal, which means it is a deception.

The logical part of my brain says the setup could be something they would use at night and are testing in daylight so as to build a brain database of how close in proximity the sensed target is to the helo body.

The logical part of my brain also says, ya know, that looks a lot like something the neighbor kid threw together with a couple cookie sheets, an Arduino board, and some stuff from Radio Shack. 

One idea:

It's the helicopter version of a Trophy-like hard-kill system. Lob an RPG at it, some small radars pick up the RPG and fire a counter-measure intended to swat the RPG out of the sky. If they haven't adapted this to planes and helicopters yet, they should.

I guess it's some form of electronic warfare stuff, though.

Another idea:

I'm not saying it is aliens, but...

helicopter-lights-gif.214641

1 hour ago, Chief Snake said:

There are some other things on there I have previously seen on USAF MV-22"s. The stuff scabbed along the lower part of the sponson just in front of the rear landing gear is new to me.

Chris M

That's the new(er) DICRM equipment.  I think even regular CH-47's are being equipped with this prior to deployments.   I also noted that the MH has not one, but three laser detector on each side of the fuselage.   I think this helo takes the record for sheer number of systems scabbed on to the airframe.   

Hawkwrench - I too was wondering about why they removed the AARF probe and rescue hoist.  Only thing i can come up with is that they were toting some seriously heavy payloads at high altitudes and needed to shed some weight. 

11 hours ago, habu2 said:

5G antennas for spreading COVID....    :popcorn:

/s

Was coming to same conclusion yesterday. With so few commercial flights scheduled at the moment, somebody has to pick up the slack. Can't allow the chemtrail levels to drop off too much, right? 

5 hours ago, Loach Driver said:

Some interesting comments on this forum.

https://www.pprune.org/rotorheads/634696-night-stalker-mh-47-modifications.html

LD.

Now that’s a really interesting theory!   It actually seems like it might be plausible.  It's funny, on the same forum i was reading the thread about the OBL mission where witnesses noted that they didn't hear any helos at the target, despite at least one Chinook landing nearby.   Hmmm...

I need to add this site to my daily browsing list, it’s got some pretty good stuff.  

Edited by 11bee
20 hours ago, Rob Mignard said:

I'm more amazed at how beat up 728 is. I've never seen an operational Chinook with that much oilcanning and dented-in panels. It looks like somebody took a large hammer to it. I assume it made a very hard landing sometime in the past.

Mig

first thing I noticed was how rough the exterior was. I've seen a lot of Chinooks in my day, but nothing in that condition. Anybody catch the gas turbine setup?  I've seen straiter ones in the bone yard

gary

Go to secretprojects.co.uk

Click on new posts

Click on forum subject about bin laden chopper

Go to last page about midway down  

There's a big discussion about the new MH-47G toy in the pic.

Might be and it might not be true, but a good read nonetheless  

Tim

Edited by hawkwrench
  • 3 weeks later...

Great to see how beat up Stressed skin actually can look and how the black color highlights it while Grey and green colors blend that rough look Also her bureau number suggest she is an early production which could explain her beat up look...Also her Sand filters suggest she has spend some time in the dessert (maybe she has seen some War action!?)

Edited by Tomnavycat1970
On 8/11/2020 at 8:26 AM, Rob Mignard said:

I'm more amazed at how beat up 728 is. I've never seen an operational Chinook with that much oilcanning and dented-in panels. It looks like somebody took a large hammer to it. I assume it made a very hard landing sometime in the past.

Mig

She is 52 years old man cut her some slack

Actually I’m 73. All military aircraft go through periodic heavy maintenance and upgrades. It’s very unusual to see that much stress damage on an active duty aircraft.This airframe has been “zero timed” at least twice in its life and has been severely abused fairly recently. I’ve been a helicopter pilot and maintenance officer for 52 years; I wouldn’t want to fly it!

mig

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
On 9/8/2020 at 20:55, 11bee said:

Pensamientos

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/35535/night-stalker-mh-47-emerges-with-mystery-modifications-during-training-in-colorado

sdf.jpg? calidad = 70 y ancho = 1440

Un Chinook del Ejército regular que fue parte de este ejercicio también tiene este equipo instalado. 

1597009315649-ch4.jpg? Calidad = 60

check the page of Xtream Modelers studio en face, there is the MH-47 G SOAR Block II in 1/48

20210105_013257.jpg