I have everything needed for the basic markings and I could probably put the sheet together in a weekend. But weren't these covered by anyone else recently? It would be nice to get reference photos for the temporary nose art they wore in the latest deployment - now that would be something different.

Edited by KursadA
1 hour ago, KursadA said:

I have everything needed for the basic markings and I could probably put the sheet together in a weekend. But weren't these covered by anyone else recently? It would be nice to get reference photos for the temporary nose art they wore in the latest deployment - now that would be something different.

I know that Afterburner decals released a sheet of Kadena Eagles in 1/48 a couple of years ago but there is nothing really in 1/72, and that is the scale I mostly build in. The nose art would be outstanding too.

14 hours ago, KursadA said:

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/35028/fully-armed-kadena-f-15-eagles-soar-over-the-saudi-arabia-wearing-some-awesome-nose-art
I found this, I believe I have posted this a few days ago, but here it is again,. Guess it goes better in this thread.

I designed the basics of the sheet last night - all of the unit-specific markings and other general markings are in place. The rest is finding out details such as crew names, special nose art etc. and will take longer. But please be aware that a Kadena F-15 sheet is in the works for both 1/48 and 1/72.

On 8/12/2020 at 12:37 PM, KursadA said:

I designed the basics of the sheet last night - all of the unit-specific markings and other general markings are in place. The rest is finding out details such as crew names, special nose art etc. and will take longer. But please be aware that a Kadena F-15 sheet is in the works for both 1/48 and 1/72.

OUTSTANDING! I need to grab some more Eagles. Thank you Sir.

Dave

• 3 weeks later...

Last year I was building a modern Kadena Eagle. I stole a JHMCS helmet from an F-16 kit and  had plans cobble some decals from a few different sheets.  I got the kit mostly complete, but progress eventually stalled and it's been sitting in a plastic tote for months. 

Now I know why.  I was waiting for this decal sheet to come out!

• 1 year later...